Moving in San Antonio>Question Details

Nicole, Other/Just Looking in San Antonio, TX

I am relocating to SA with a 14yr daughter who will be starting highschool. I was very interested in Brandeis

Asked by Nicole, San Antonio, TX Wed Jul 22, 2009

highschool after researching on the internet but wasn't impressed with the area around the school to rent or buy after a recent visit. Any suggestions?

Answers

12
While Brandeis encompasses a variety of areas that are zoned to that school, a great area to live in is Sonoma Ranch, located in Helotes (right outside loop 1604). Although this area has a Helotes address, it is located within the city of San Antonio. The Sonoma Ranch Community has a variety of houses pricing and size wise.
I have set up the following search for you in that area: http://www.mlsfinder.com/tx_sabor/sandramushinski/index.cfm?…

Let me know if I can help you with anything else!

Sandy
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 17, 2013
Well... I'm thinking maybe you might have seen the wrong areas... Click on the link below to see all of the homes that are for sale in the Brandeis School District. That school is pretty amazing.. :)

Check out the homes here:

http://sabor.connectmls.com/listings.jsp?dcid=D33A6335CFF044…

These were all built in 2006 or newer... There are some really nice homes in really nice neighborhoods on this list... I hope it helps :)

If I can help you with anything else, don't hesitate to call, e-mail, or send a text message

Jason C Campbell
Platinum Top 50 Finalist
Option One Real Estate
210-389-5266
.
http://www.SAHomeExpert.com
Nicole,
I see some great responses that can help with locating a home in Northside. I have kids attending Northside elementary so i can't really comment about high school however i have heard of Brandeis as a good school. I can help you as a mortgage lender to help you qualify for a mortgage if you choose to buy a house and looking for a mortgage specialist who you can trust. I invite you to visit my website:
http://www.smarttxhomeloan.com
Check out our facebook page and linkend In profile. Also would like to invite you to visit the recommendations tab on my website to see for yourself what clients comments are with Keystone Mortgage. LAILA ABDULLA 210.399.3838
NISD is a great school district. Please visit my website to view all homes listed for sale in the San Antonio and Central Texas area.

http://www.RelianceRR.com/adriennenugent

If you are currently not working with an agent, I would love to assist you in your search for a new home.

Adrienne Nugent
Reliance Residential Realty
210-788-1450 Direct Line
Nicole,

Brandeis is an excellent school as are many others in the area. There are some excellent homes on the outside of 1604 that may match what you are looking for and are still in the Brandeis boundaries.

If you would like to see a complete list of the homes in the area, check out:

http://www.shailpatel.kwrealty.com

Shail Patel
Keller Williams Alamo Heights
(210) 454-2904
Hi Nicole-

I have raised two sons as a single father and I can relate to your situation. Both my sons have been in High School football as well so it has given me dozens of opportunities to visit most of the High Schools on the north side of town and the surrounding neighborhoods.

Perhaps if I knew more about where you are coming from and what you are accustomed to, I would be able to tell you more about each area and how it compares to what you are familiar with. I have been living in San Antonio for over 6 years now and I know of how it feels to be the 'new kid on the block'.

I will be glad to answer all your questions directly.

Gregory Touchstone
Keller Williams
210-660-2834
Brandeis is located conveniently to I-10 and 1604. It is in the Northside Independent School District and ranks as one of the highest ranked schools in the district. Greatschools.com is an excellent reference for checking out the schools in the area, providing student/teacher ratios, test scores, etc. I'm an expert on the real estate market located near Brandeis High School. Helotes Texas was just rated the best city for raising a family in the state of Texas. Some neighborhoods in Helotes feed into this school. My office is located near Helotes and Brandeis and I'd be happy to help in any way I can.

Kelly Collums
RE/MAX North San Antonio
Brandeis is a very good school, as is Clark. I would love to help you find the right fit!

Give me a call and I can help you find the home of your dreams!

Connie Riddle
Keller Williams
210-326-8838
Nicole,
I am a mother too and I know how nerve racking it can be when you are searching for an ideal school your daughter. When I was shopping, I knew what kind of home I wanted but kept finding myself in a School District that my husband wasn't too fond of. Brandeis is a great school but since you are doing research online, why don't you check out what neighborhoods you like first and then research the schools from there.
That way you can find the neighborhoods that fit your budget and homes that meet your housing needs. If these homes land in a school area you don't like you can eliminate as you go.

I am a Realtor as well as the other individuals that responding to you.
Any of us would be willing to email you a list of homes so please make sure to get a Realtor on your side. Even if your only thinking. It helps!
Angela Tharp, RE/MAX Fiesta City
Web Reference: http://tharpsearch.com
Nicole,
Welcome to New Braunfels! I can provide you with school information if you would like. Have you settled on a specific area? More Rural may give you opportunity to look at other schools. You can access the school boundries by going to the Comal County ISD website. Depending on your price range, there are fairly new and new homes on the east side of IH35 and north of FM 306. If you look outside Loop 337 you will find newer larger and more expensive homes. If there is anything I can help you with please dont hesitate to contact me.

Steve Johnson
Prudential Don Johnson
210-325-1833
sjjohnson@gvtc.com
Hi Nicole,

There are several really nice neighborhoods located in the Brandeis school attendance zone. There are homes in just about every price range as well.
The names of some of the neighborhoods are:
Under $150K
1. Hunters Chase
2. Parkwood
Under $200K
1. Arbor at Sonoma Ranch
2. Stage Run
Under $250K
1. Oakridge Pointe
2. Creekview Estates
Under $300K
1. Sonoma Ranch
2. Grandview
3. Bavarian Forest
4. Walnut Pass
300K - $500K
1. Sonoma Ranch
2. Steeple Brook
3. Fossil Springs
4. Stonewall Ranch

Some of these neighborhoods may not be located close to the school but the homes in this area are in the Brandeis attendance zone. Below is a link to the Northside Independent School district boundaries and buses information page.
http://www.nisd.net/boundariesandbuses/

I hope you found this information helpful. Feel free to contact me with any additional questions.

Zilkia Olmeda-Martins, GRI, REALTOR
Coldwell Banker D'Ann Harper
(210)379-7000
Have you considered moving outside the 1604 Loop. You can still be in the Brandeis school district and find some lovely homes in that area. If you wold like you can go to our website at myboehmteam.com and click on search properties. There is a property search on this page that you can use by schools. This way you can find out what is available in all the areas that feed into Brandeis. Good Luck and welcome to San Antonio.