Moving in McAllen>Question Details

gemma, Renter in McAllen, TX

I am moving to McAllen next July with my family, I have three little daughters. I would like to know which is the best neighborhoods to rent a house.

Asked by gemma, McAllen, TX Tue Apr 30, 2013

0 votes Share Flag Moving in McAllen

Answers

5
Rudy Candelaria’s answer
The Bentsen Development Area is one of the best location for your Family. It's quite, very near schools, Park and Shops and the rent is affordable. Right now I have a 4BRs 3.5 Bath Single Family Residential
House for Rent. It's excellent for your family. With a good size fenced backyard with fruit bearing trees.
Please contact me at Marc Realty, (956)720-4066, email address: excellsvc@yahoo.com.
My favorite part of Mcallen is north of Nolana ave. and between McColl and 2nd street. Such beautiful homes there and i love the walking/biking trail that follows 2nd street, its about 5 miles long and you always see people out there walking with their pets or kids or biking. its alot of fun and passes by alot of parks. it makes you feel like you're in another bigger city like Austin. tha's my favorite Mcallen spot. i hope it helps!
I would look for the exemplary schools and go from there.
There are many great schools here. I'm not aware of any that are not good. The best way to choose your child's school is probably best decided by where you want to live. If you want to live close to work, your church, your sports activities - that will give you some direction. For example, if you work across the border in Mexico, you may want to live in South McAllen. If you work in the Medical profession, there are several pockets where there are a lot of medical professional. But the truth is, no place in McAllen is very far from any other place.

I would be happy to help you in a more personal way. Please contact me on my e-mail or call me.

becky@beckymcgee.com
956-457-5757 cell
Anywhere in the Valley is a great place to live. You might want to consider: Your budget, if you have small children, living close to a park, close to shopping, easy access to the expressway or work .
I suggest you take a trip down to the Valley and start looking around to see what areas fit YOUR needs.
Happy House Hunting.