Moving in Coronado>Question Details

Heather, Other/Just Looking in Twentynine Palms, CA

Husband possibly being stationed in San Diego next year, wondering best way to find good Coronado rental.

Asked by Heather, Twentynine Palms, CA Thu Aug 16, 2012

We're possibly moving to San Diego around a year from now, for a 2 year assignment. I'm browsing Coronado rentals now to get an idea of price/availability/etc. The pickings seem a little slim at this time - do you have any tips on finding Coronado rentals? How far in advance is the best timeframe to begin searching more seriously? Are there certain times of year when there tends to be better rental availability than others? For the time being, I'm not interested in any other area of San Diego -- only Coronado right now. Thanks.

0 votes Share Flag Moving in Coronado

Answers

5
I manage a couple properties in Coronado and always use Craigslist to advertise them.
Heather, Coronado is very military friendly for rentals. However, they do go fast. The Coronado Eagle is a good source, as others mentioned. There are a few nice apartment complexes over by the post office, just a short walk, actually, from the Coronado Eagle office
Oh, I guess Trulia decided I was in Las Vegas since I've been researching properties there! Nope, 92118
Flag Mon Aug 19, 2013
The Coronado Eagle is the best place to find rentals in Coronado. It is rare to find anything on Craigslist locally. It is updated with the new listings in print on Wednesdays and online Tuesday afternoons.
http://co-www2.coronadonewsca.com/classifieds/rental_hot_sheet/

Good luck. Rentals go quickly around here so act fast!
Thanks so much!
Flag Thu Dec 13, 2012
Sounds like you are military. Coronado people, including military, know that the one place to find rentals is the Coronado Eagle Journal. No one advertises Coronado real estate in other places, that is how it has always been. There is a rental "hot sheet" feature, and you can also advertise in the classifieds that you are looking, give when youare coming, what you are looking for, and perhaps someone will contact you.
Thanks so much. This is the first I have heard of the Coronado Eagle Journal. It definitely looks like there is more listed there than other places I have checked. Thanks for taking the time to respond.
Flag Thu Sep 20, 2012
Take a look at the san diego craigslist rental section...everyone goes there. And unlike Trulia, the listings are updated once a week.