Moving in Greenville>Question Details

Annwickenhau…, Renter in New York, NY

How safe is pleasant ridge ave in Greenville,SC?

Asked by Annwickenhauser, New York, NY Sun Mar 30, 2014

I am renting a house and want to know about neiborhood.

Answers

4
The local police will often report crime by area or streets. Check http://wwww.spot crime.com
Your price range will influence where and what is available. I came here from Massachusetts and settled first in Paris Mountain area and found it really nice, but it was a rental. Then I bought a home in West Gantt and have been here ever since and have never had a complaint or felt unsafe. Many people walk their young kids and are out while their kids play, more in spring and fall and less in the summer heat. Yes there are some rough areas nearby, but I have never felt unsafe. It is a diversified ethnic mix, middle class working or retired people. Many have been here as long or longer than I have been. A lot depends on who you speak with on how different areas are viewed. If you want convenient to downtown, which is very active and has many cultural activities, as well as baseball, (Yea Red Sox minor league Greenville Drive!), Peace Center, Bon Secour Center, even ice skating at the plaza in winter. Falls Park, Ready River suspension walking bridge, Greenville zoo, Cleveland Park and many other activities. Greenville Recreation Department has many parks, including Westside Park and aquatic center, that offers many options for activities, including Senior Action that has a group that meets at the aquatic center and offers water exercise for seniors. They also have many volunteer opportunities, If you are into dog shows, they have many dog clubs and shows help here and within a short distance from here.Many things are offered throughout Greenville. Also when people talk about Greenville, usually they are referring to Greenville County, so that was one thing I had to get used to and had to learn the different communities within the county. You will also be close to many universities, colleges, State Parks, Corpse of Engineer Parks and recreation centers, mountains. and easy access to highways leading to Atlanta, Charlotte and many attractions in TN, NC, GA and SC. I find this area to be extremely well rounded and offers opportunities for almost any interest. They also have a huge Hospital system Greenville Health Care System, Shriners Hospital and Bon Secour St Francis Hospital System. I wish you luck in finding a place to call home and enjoy the area.
It is horrible, drug raids all the time. I've driven through and have seen cops stopping people and frisking them as they walked their children from the community center in Pleasant Ridge. It is not safe at all! Try Travelers Rest, Taylors, Mauldin, Simpsonville, they are all close to Greenville approximately 10 to 15 miles and they are great areas. Greenville has nice areas as well, try Chestnut Hills thats where I currently live, I am renting now but in the process of purchasing a new home. You'll love the area, its walking distance from Greenville Memorial Hospital. It's also near downtown Greenville and close to shopping and major highways. I hope this answered your question.
When it comes to any safety/crime related issues, it's always best to contact the local authorities with all your questions, hear all there is to hear firsthand. If unfamiliar with the area(s) do revisit more than once and at different times of day, possibly chat with locals/neighbors. Real estate professionals are prohibited from steering, enticing a buyer to purchase/rent, or not, in specific neighborhoods. http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/
https://www.crimereports.com/
http://www.homefair.com/
really? so a buyer is supposed to do all the leg work? what do we pay an agent for?
Flag Tue Apr 8, 2014