Moving in Brooklyn>Question Details

donnaxo1966, Other/Just Looking in Brooklyn, NY

How much it might cost to hire a moving company to move from New York to Florida?

Asked by donnaxo1966, Brooklyn, NY Thu May 23, 2013

I'm moving in 1 mth and I have no idea how much hiring a moving company to move would cost. I have a 2 bedroom Apartment, I would pack small stuff, but need them to pack big stuff like beds, Tables, etc.

0 votes Share Flag Moving in Brooklyn

Answers

7
I think it varies quit a bit for different companies. Also It would depend on how much stuff you have and need to be moved.
My sister just moved to a different state a few months ago, although she did not tell me how much it cost. http://www.eaglemoverstx.com/movers-the-woodlands.html
The cost of hiring a moving company will vary depending on a couple of factors. If I was you I would look up some companies in your area and get quotes so you can compare and find the best price. There are many different options and I'm sure you will find the best one for you! Best of luck! http://www.arrowmoving.net/
Your Realtor member can easily handle this for you, give them a call and discuss.
When you call these moves to provide you a quote, they will all be within a few hundred dollars of each other. So you won't have much to go on.

What they fail to make clear is the ACTUAL FEE is determined by the weight of everything they packed. The estimate can be IGNORED!

They are the experts. They more folks all the time. They know what a hutch weights, or at least they should. Get a GUARANTEE the final cost is within 10% of the estimate. This will chase the rats back down their hole. Use the one that remains.

I love PODS.com
Yes, they have resources to help you pack the beds and all the stuff. Most UPS stores also have manpower to assist with packing.
I used to move from Florida to New York. It costs me 2200$. But for sure it depends of how much staff you have.
Or you can rent a truck like U-Haul and hire 2 movers that will help you.
It is proven that moving can be stressful. If that is the case why pay a high cost for stress. When moving we would browse the net and look for the cheapest moving company. Does reliable and efficient count in that search too or just the price. Do we look for the disadvantages of using moving companies? I don't think moving should be expense and at the same time I think the movers should be reliable and efficient. who would want to work for a low income not me for sure, we need to be reasonable and fair when we use the word CHEAP. We should check out the reviews and everything about a moving company before using it. Especially the pricing strategies. Like just two months ago I moved into my new house. I was worried about how I would move all of my stuff safely and where to find a reliable moving company which would work with my budget. A friend of mines told me of A-1 Moving & Storage and the professional services these guys offer. So I am very satisfied with the services I received and I would recommend them to others. They are also known for providing exceptional storage facilities, check out more at http://www.jupiter-movers.net/local.cfm or give them call today (561) 625-0600.
You may need to get a representative or you can go online and look for Free Quotes on Moving. Ive once used Cube Moving Company and they were pretty reasonable. They have free quotes available online. Hope this helps . http://cubemoving.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=…
. Good luck with your moving.