Moving in Long Beach>Question Details

Deirdre, Home Buyer in 90606

Hi I was wondering if the wrigley historic district of long beach is nice? me my husband and young daughter

Asked by Deirdre, 90606 Sat Mar 14, 2009

me my husband and young daughter might be moving to long beach and i like historic homes they have more charater,and i want a good neighborhood to raise our child in. thank you

Answers

6
There is actually only one street in Wrigley with the official "historic" designation. That is Eucalyptus, between 20th and Hill. It is a nice neighborhood, and has been "up and coming" for several years. You may want to drive it to see how you feel about it. The geographical boundaries for Wringley are PCH on the south, Long Beach Boulevard on the east, the river basin on the west, and the 405 freeway on the north. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance!
Web Reference: http://marnabrennan.com
I personally think Wrigley is run down and a bit scary. You might want to look at California Heights, Bixby Knolls area. Good luck!
Thanks for this good question about Wrigley area of Long Beach and historic homes there. There are great streets and areas at Wrigley. We were there last week with our buyers for home previews there. It was a beautiful day.

If you need information about Wrigley and other areas of Long Beach, please let us know. Thanks.

Harrison K. Long, Explore Real Estate Group. http://www.ExploreRealEstate.net

Sounds of Irish and Happy St. Patrick's day greeting to you. ♫ http://blip.fm/~32l5r
Hi Deidre: I thought I would add that the bike path is right there off Golden and you and your family could take a bike ride down toward the city. My client who lived on San Francisco did that and they loved that they didn't have to put their bike in the car to get too a bike path. They would take it downtown and then go along the bike path along the ocean. It made for a nice family day. I have sold a number of properties over the years in Wrigley and all of my clients enjoyed living there.

Hope this was helpful information. Also, if you purchase a property in Long Beach, the city of Long Beach has a "Spruce up your home program" You can find further information on the home page of my website at http://www.barbararobbinsolexa.com.

Feel free to contact me by email or phone (714) 296-7270 if I can help in anyother way.

Barbara Robbins-Olexa, Broker, e-Pro Internet Certified, SRES(R)
L B Brokerage
Hi Deirdre,

Wrigley is a perfect area for those who like historic homes. Another area you may consider is Cal Heights. If you send me your information: price range, bed/bath requirements, I would be happy to send you some listings of properties "with character" (my favorite!!).

Best of luck with your move,

Karen Miller
Century 21 Beachside
(562)756-4144
kswalesmiller@msn.com
Hi Deirdre
If you like historic homes I think you would enjoy the Wrigley district. Like any historic neighborhood it is going through transitition and people have done some amazing things with their homes. Many of the new homeowners are restoring the features of their home to their original condition. It's interesting and some streets are very eclectic. The mix of the older architecture with some contemporary taste is wonderful. Some streets in the neighborhood have larger lots and people with young children seem to enjoy this. Some of the areas are further into the transition than others. If you have any specific streets in mind, let me know I'll be happy to help you try to figure out if Wrigley is right for you. If you decide it's not your cup of tea, let me know and I'll point you towards some other areas in Long Beach you may find interesting.