Moving in Brandon>Question Details

Kristin, Renter in Brandon, FL

Hi I am looking to move to the Brandon/Riverview area. I would like to rent first. I have 2 girls 8 and 11. Can someone tell me the best areas.?

Asked by Kristin, Brandon, FL Sat Apr 13, 2013

1 vote Share Flag Moving in Brandon

Answers

7
Well Kristen, depending on your time frame you might be in luck. It just so happens that I am in the military and will be rotating to Colorado in August / September. I'm still on the fence about selling or renting. Primarily because nobody takes care of your home like you! We have a 2004, 2375sf four bedroom, 3 bath (two large rooms upstairs + full bath with master downstairs and another 12x10 downstairs as well that we use as a computer / office room) with just about every upgrade. And we are proverbial clean freaks.
Amenities: custom tiles in the garage, granite counters with open floor plan, 2010 model stainless everything, custom tiled backsplash, Brazilian hardwood floors downstairs, newly renovated master (in March 2013) 4 5/8 in crown molding, New paint inside and out, 400sf screened in lanai, manicured lawn with curbing, and American Home Shield for peace of mind. If we do decide rent our home, the rent will be $1475 and a minimum of a year lease will be required. The neighborhood has only 37 homes with only one way in with probably 10 children in the neighborhood the age of your girls. I have a 7 year old girl and a 10 year old boy. If you think that you would be interested, contact me at christopher.s.taylor.mil@mail.mil. I'm currently in Kuwait with a return date of 1 August. Thanks and good luck!
Hi! I might be interested. I am not sure about time frame. I obviously want to move my girls before school starts, so I guess it depends when it would be available. Do you have pictures or an address? I am a controller for a company here in Lakeland and a single mom, I just want to get out of Polk County! Thanks - Kristin
Flag Tue Apr 16, 2013
Good Morning,
Thank you for contacting us on Trulia.
Unfortunately, we do not handle rentals. However, I am passing along a name of an agent tht does handle rentals. His name is Ralph Lazada- 813-480-7326.
Good Luck and have a great day!
Cheri
Hi Kristin,

You must be VERY careful if you decide to rent from an individual owner versus renting in a complex.

Many landlords are in pre-foreclosure status and may not advise you. It may be uncomfortable to allow Realtors in for showings if it turns out to be a short sale.

If your reason for renting is lack of a downpayment, you may be able to get up to $7,500 from the State of Florida first time homebuyer program.

If credit is the issue, then try a credit union because they may take a risk on your if it makes business sense.

Alma
Alma Rose Kee, PA
Sold On Tampa Team
http://www.SoldOnTampa.com
813.244.9898
Hi Kiristin,

My suggestion is to pick one realtor to work with. As a local realtor all of us can provide you necessary information and/or direct you to it !

Feel free to contact me at Tyshomes@gmail.com if I can be any assistance to you.

Kindly regards,

Tayfun "TY" Apaydin
http://www.Tyshomes.com
Hi Kristen!

You would have to define what 'best' is as that is really a matter of preferences. Are you looking for proximity to work? Specific schools? Low crime rate? Access to amenities? Pet friendly communities? Homes close to public transportation?

There are a number of tools you can use and a good realtor can provide you with information on where to go to find the answers you need. As a military family, we have been in your shoes many times and know the value of research! Feel free to contact me and I will be happy to help in any way I can!
Kristin,

Feel free to give me a call....I am on the SAC board at two local schools and can give you information on those. I also work with rentals as well and would be more than happy to show you some homes.

Please review my profile and send me a message or email me directly at thoyt@prutropical.com

Respectfully,
Tracy Hoyt
Prudential Tropical Realty
It depends on what you are considering the best. If you are looking for the best area for schools or the best area for least crime then the first thing I would check is the school reports for the areas as well as the crime reports for the areas you are interested in. Unfortenately by law we cannot give that advice of what is deemed to be the best, we can only recommend these reports for you to decide on.