Moving in Round Rock>Question Details

ssdwyer115, Home Buyer in Round Rock, TX

Hello, we are relocating to the Austin area from Connecticut. Our daughter has Down syndrome, and goes to a special school. Any help?

Asked by ssdwyer115, Round Rock, TX Tue Feb 26, 2013

We currently live in a community with over 4000 students but because she is the only down syndrome kid in the school district, they bus her to a special school. I am so happy to leave, but love her school. She is 16 yrs. old. I am from Tx., but have been living in N.E. for years, happy to leave. Please help for a great school district.

Answers

8
I live in Round Rock, and can tell you that our schools are exceptional for all kids including special needs. The Round Rock area is a wonderful family town with many family activities. You can't go wrong moving here.

Due to family needs, we are moving from Texas to Virginia soon. It is very hard for us to leave our beautiful home and wonderful neighborhood but as you know family comes first.

Good luck to you in your home search, and check out our place that is for sale. We have the most fantastic neighbors too! When are you moving here?

http://www.trulia.com/property/3107249040-2813-Stonecreek-Pl…
Good day to you ssdwyer115,

Congratulations on your relocation back to Texas and Austin specifically. It is always good to come home. Depending on where geographically your relocation is best suited and the price point you are trying to stay within, I would look at the following:

Round Rock ISD
Westlake ISD
Lake Travis ISD
Dripping Springs ISD
Georgetown ISD

All are great districts with programs specific to learing dissabilities and physically challenged / disabled students.

My best to you and your family. If you have more questions or need more information feel free to contact us.

Stephen B. McClain, Broker Owner
Cornerstone New Home Solutions
512-876-3116
smcclain@cornerstonenewhomesolutions.com
Thank you so much for the information. As soon as our house sells, we will be in contact. Again, thank you so much for the information. And, have a great day.
Flag Wed Feb 27, 2013
I worked in Round Rock ISD central administration for 28 years till I retired last December. The district's special ed department is one of the reasons that many surrounding districts send their special needs children by bus from as far as 60 miles away. I have been a realtor also for the last 12 years and you can't go wrong in RRISD. Contact Linda Noy, the director, for more info.

https://www.roundrockisd.org/index.aspx?page=320

Welcome to the area.

Larry Barnett
(512)769-4445
M.E. Gene Johnson Realtors
Round Rock
Oh by the way, my neighbor has her house up for sale due to divorce and it is short sale listed for 133,ooo.oo at least fifty thousand under what is worth They have taken very good care of it and it has pool (inground) and updated items. It is 1146 Forest Bluff Trail.

Forest Creek Elelmentary School is the elementary school, Blackland Prairie is elementary school, Ridgeview middle school is middle school.

Great special education programs. You will have to check about High School as they built new one and my son graduated six years ago. It will be o the Round Rock ISD site.

They do provide busing. Good Luck, You might be a neighbor soon. Jump on this house.
Thank you so much, I will check into that. Again, thank you and have a great day.
Flag Wed Feb 27, 2013
Round Rock ISD has a great special education program and if you go to the Round Rock TX Independent School District and click on the SPecial Education Department it will list a Parent Advocate and the director of the program that you can call and ask questions. I worked in special education for this district and they have great programs and parent involvement.
I lived in Cincinnati for close to ten years, lived in the Austin area all my life until that point. When I had the opportunity to return, I was very happy myself.
I am sure there are many options available. I have a friend with a much younger son who is also a Down syndrome child. I will be happy to ask her tomorrow for some guidance and advice. In addition, my daughter attends a nearby charter school. I have met several parents that have children with a variety of challenges and they all seem to love this school. For more information, I have included a link at the bottom of this message (well, I hope it works correctly). If it doesn't, you can type it in for a search. I will check in as soon as I have an opportunity to talk with my friend to pass on any other useful information.
Please let me know if I can be of further assistance and I really hope you are able to find a school that makes everyone happy!

http://www.mwschool.org/

Lori Williams

I have heard good things about William's Community School. Their website is http://www.williamscommunityschool.org The school is located in Austin but is not far from Round Rock if that is where you plan on relocating. You can also find more information on different options at the Down Syndrome Association of Central Texas. The website is http://www.dsact.com.

Hope this helps. If you have any questions about the area or would like me to send you a relocation package please let me know.

_______________________________________
Don Groff
REALTOR® | Mortgage Broker
Austin Real Estate Pros | 360 Lending Group
o 512.669.5599 m 512.633.4157
listings@dongroff.com | http://www.AustinListed.com
Thank you so much for the information. Again, thank you.
Flag Tue Feb 26, 2013
ssdwyer,

a lot depends on what areas you would prefer....north, south, east, west. Round Rock has some good campuses but I've never been impressed with Austin ISD. Of course, Eanes ISD on the west side of Austin has had a stellar reputation for many, many years...but real estate is pricey. Further out, Dripping Springs has a good reputation but it's a 30 minute commute to Austin.