Moving in Houston>Question Details

Michelle Ken…, Home Buyer in Bradenton, FL

Hello so I'm moving to Texas

Asked by Michelle Kennelly, Bradenton, FL Sat Jun 22, 2013

my job is located in brenham but I would like to be closer to Houston I know it's about an hour drive I would like something in between about 30 minute drive but I want a safe area to live and affordable apartment and suggestions on nice safe area? Thank You!

0 votes Share Flag Moving in Houston

Chris Broussard’s answer
Fairfield area may be a good place for you. It is in constable Precinct 4 (general map here > To get an idea of relative crime, crime maps can be found here > Look in 77433. doesn't cover all areas but it does cover Precinct 4. I don't do apartments but if you go to Google and search 'apartments 77433' and a bunch will pop up. If you are considering buying or renting a home, feel free to call. Welcome to Houston.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jun 22, 2013
Hi Michelle,

I have found some very nice affordable homes in Hockley around $800-$850 and they are newer homes. It's also close to the Premium Outlets which is in Cypress off of Hwy 290. Good luck with your search and if you need more info on finding the right home, you can call me at 281 973 7424 (RICH), Have a great day!
Hi Michelle,
You're making a long move. I'm glad you chose Texas. A few towns that are within about 30 miles from Brenham, towards Houston are Chappell Hill, Hempstead, and Hockley. I've never been in that area during "rush hour," but I doubt there is much traffic. The closer you get to Houston on 290, the more traffic there will be. Chappell Hill is only about a 10 or 15 minute drive from Brenham. It's a beautiful area with lots of bluebonnets, the state flower of Texas, plus other wild flowers along the roadside during the spring. As far as safe areas, I would recommend calling the police department of the various towns. They can provide that information. Do you specifically want an apartment, or would you want to rent a house if possible?

You can contact me at and I'll be glad to help you. Best wishes for a safe move.

Pam Bratcher
Century 21 Paramount