Moving in Union>Question Details

Trotter456, Home Buyer in Union, NJ

Good schools/Affordable Houses near Union NJ?

Asked by Trotter456, Union, NJ Sat Dec 31, 2011

We currently live in smithtown ny 11787 and will be relocating to Union NJ in august. Looking for similar demographics near union. wouldn't mind commuting up to 45 minutes to union. Like suburbs, looking for houses (nicely updated) between 300-400K.3 beds 2 baths. Reasonable taxes (I know its NJ, Sub 9k). Need ideas on good schools nice neighborhoods. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

0 votes Share Flag Moving in Union

Answers

7
Tina Rebimbas Torres - Broker’s answer
Since this question can still be read by all...... it's all good information for everyone to see. (Agents and Public)

If anyone knows any information about schools or towns; that isn't available easily, should be posted for all to read.

Trulia keeps these questions posted so they can be useful for all who reads them. Today. .. tomorrow. ... Next year.

The information I posted is great information about the Union School District...... That I feel the average buyer doesn't know.
Posting it on Trulia is a way of posting it to the public.
Since this question was asked over 1 year ago, I highly doubt this person is still looking for help
Union High School has a 93% Graduation RATE!!

Stellar Performing Arts Programming.

2 Years ago, TOP MUSICAL IN THE STATE - TOP MUSICAL DIRECTOR IN THE STATE.

4 YEARS RUNNING UNION IN ONE OF THE TOP 100 SCHOOLS FOR MUSIC IN THE COUNTRY......YES COUNTRY!

Athletic Success - Most Recently Winter of 2013 TOP GIRLS TRACK TEAM IN THE COUNTRY.

TECHNOLOGY - ALL NEW COMPUTER LABS in all schools 2013-2014

UNION has Small Class Sizes with Good Student to Teacher RATIOS....Individual attention is emphasized.

Staff members tend to stay in the district, - LOW RATE OF TURNOVER.

DISTRICT IS EMBRASING THE S.T.E.A.M. Initiative Program (SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY, ENGINEERING, ARTS & MATHMATICS) with new classrooms, equipment and staff in the HIGH SCHOOL FOR 2013-2014

The Creation of Hannah Caldwell School is an indication of the initiative and vision of the board of education.

---All information above supplied by UNION Superintendent April 2013

If anyone has any further questions about the schools improvements please contact the superintendent directly.

If anyone has any REAL ESTATE Questions, Call me or email me BROKERTINATORRES@gmail.com
973-332-3022

THANKS...Hope this was helpful
Happy New Year Mr. Trotter,

Congratulations to your relocation to New Jersey from Long Island. While you are searching some of the towns below, there are some other towns you could consider near Union that could also meet your criteria:

Summit and Springfield. Below are links for more information on these towns.

http://www.city-data.com/city/Summit-New-Jersey.html

http://www.city-data.com/city/Springfield-New-Jersey.html

Feel free to contact me if you would like additional assistance

Best of luck to you!
Trotter,

There are several towns near Union with good schools, nice homes, and an easy commute to Union.
Below is a sampling of homes from 300-400K, with at least 2 bathrooms and 3 bedrooms with taxes under $9000.
You can go to http://www.bestplaces.net for information on any of the towns contained in the link below (which includes Clark, Cranford, Fanwood, Scotch Plains, Westfield and New Providence)

If you are interested in any of these homes, feel free to give me a call and we can speak in more detail.

http://emailrpt.gsmls.com/public/show_public_report_rpt.do?r…

Happy New Year...look forward to hearing from you in 2012

Mary Petti
Prudential NJ Properties
Westfield NJ
908-675-0167
PruMaryNJ@aol.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 31, 2011
Congratulations on your relocation! There are many communities within Union County that offer your price range , good schools, and taxes around $9000. Feel free to contact me directly for specific towns--you can also visit my website and compare towns with similar school districts and demographics with 'The School Report" link. I have been selling homes in Union County, NJ for the past 20 years so I can certainly assist you with narrowing down your search. I look forward to hearing from you!
For school information see link; http://www.greatschools.org/ As for neighborhoods, do take the time and visit areas of interest more than once, possibly chat with locals/neighbors, check out shops, dine at a local eatery, etc., then determine what area best suits your finances, wants, needs, lifestyle. As for demographics, check out area statistics; real estate professionals are prohibited from steering, enticing a buyer to purchase, or not, in specific neighborhoods; so, you should check out demographics on your own to assure your comfort level can be reached.