Moving in 60607>Question Details

Danielle Bar…, Renter in O'Hare, Chicago, IL

Anyone have any idea how safe the neighborhood around here is: 410 S Morgan St Chicago, IL 60607? It's 4 min walk to UIC/Halsted blue line.

Asked by Danielle Barnes, O'Hare, Chicago, IL Mon Feb 3, 2014

Looking to move to this apartment building.

0 votes Share Flag Moving in 60607

Answers

24
Hi Danielle, You can check statistic by going to a site that I normally use. http://www.neighborhoodscout.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 4, 2014
Now that's some good information!
Flag Tue Feb 4, 2014
Danielle: You can check neighborhood statics right on Trulia. Type in the address on trulia then scroll down to Neighborhood info.
Agents are not permitted to answer questions directly asking how safe an area is since the question is ambiguous and bad things really can happen anywhere. Your best bet would be to call a police department for crime statistics or go online. Good luck!
We cannot answer this question for you. However, I also suggest calling the local police station and they can give you some insight in the neighborhood. I would also say to check out the neighborhood a few times on different days and times.
We cant really answer questions on the safety of neighborhoods. Do your research online.
410 S Morgan is minutes away from UIC, Greek Town, and the Hospitals. Visit the area and see how you like it and if it meets your needs.
Web Reference: http://www.BJDHOMES.com
It's safe around there, but I have heard that 2 UIC College students were ribbed for like backpacks last year. There is also a police academy & police dept. + UIC police all around the area monitoring, so it's great. You shouldn't have any problems & it's right in the heart of Greektown & 5 minutes away from downtown! :-) Good luck on your search.
Typo: robbed
Flag Sat Feb 8, 2014
Most of my clients who live around that area absolutely love it. But as others here mentioned, there is no substitute for hanging out there on your own at different times of the day. Good luck.

You can also use http://www.everyblock-chicago.com to check out stats & neighborhood info

This link does not appear to work.
Flag Wed Feb 5, 2014
go there and walk around when its not freezing out side to get a feel for the location. evenings and weekends preferred.
Hi, You can visit http://www.SpotCrime.com and http://www.CrimeReports.com for in-depth stats
Me encanta ese barrio de Chicago ......
I love that area , i was living in the area before .....
Hello Danielle. I have been involved in the Development of over 500 Loft and Condominium units in the West Loop since 1995 and I have seen the area improve and grow tremendously over the years. Today our Chicagoland Realty Services brokerage office is located at 1338 West Madison and we are so pleased to see how many new residents have purchased new homes and opened new businesses. It is a thriving community with lots of new construction, new restaurants and great energy. If you wish, you can go to the Chicago Police 12th District Police web site and check out the precinct "Success Stories" section. They are a great bunch professionals and they do a great job making our beautiful neighborhood better every day!

https://portal.chicagopolice.org/portal/page/portal/ClearPat…

We love living and working in the West Loop and I would recommend it highly. I would be pleased to have on of our West Loop agents work with you on locating a new home, so please feel free to contact me directly at the office. 312-733-1300.

We wish you the very best and look forward to hearing from you!

Charles "Chip" Cornelius
CEO and Founder
Chicagoland Realty Services
We cant comment on things of this nature. You can check this out on crimesbyblock.com
your fine. Its a good neighborhood. Explore it and see for yourself
Thank you guys. I'm starting to get it lol
Ask neighbors, find crime statistics. I wouldn't ask cops. They think every neighborhood is bad, that's why they live on the very edge of the city. If only one crime is committed in an area they know about it and their views are tainted.
Hello Danielle,

We are restricted from speaking about the safety of any neighborhood. If you really want to know how the neighborhood speak to local businesses owners and ask them. You should also speak to the neighbors, they are a good source of information. Good luck!
fair housing fair housing fair housing
Real Estate agents are prohibited from commenting on that, by virtue of federal fair housing laws. You can check local police web sites and drive by the property at various times. Look for people hanging around blue Chicago police cameras on poles.
Hi Danielle! For the best information, contact the area local police dept.
I'm a female flight attendant may be coming home late or leaving Super early. Is that something you think would be safe for me. Or am a target?
You may want to consider a building with a doormen and an enclosed garage, since you travel a lot. Mail and packages will not build up while you are gone.
Flag Mon Feb 3, 2014
Most of the crimes committed on that community is theft.