Moving in Tucson>Question Details

Doc Wheeler, Home Owner in Tucson, AZ

Any single family rentals for sale? I'm 4 years away from moving to Tucson..

Asked by Doc Wheeler, Tucson, AZ Mon Dec 20, 2010

We'll be in Tucson between Christmas and New Years exploring.. *I "see" a one level ranch home with
broad shaded patios for outdoor living. RV parking and shop/garage. 100-150K range as a snowbird
nest. We'll for now keep our home in Wash state. Tile floors and brick walls A-ok...

0 votes Share Flag Moving in Tucson

Answers

5
Lindsay A Daley’s answer
Doc,

Thank you for your interest in beautiful Tucson! It is indeed a great nest for the snow bird : ) As my colleagues have alluded to, 4 years is a long time in any market.... Will there still be single family rentals for sale then? almost certainly. Will they be the same ones you looked at recently? almost certainly not... similar to the ones you're looking at now? yes.

It is always great to start planning things in advance. Shop a few agents the next time you're in town visiting and see if you hit it off with any of them. That way you'll have a friend that is keeping an eye out for your interests here in town and the move will go all the smoother when you are ready.

Best of Luck in Your Search!!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 7, 2011
Hi Doc Wheeler,

Now, I see you would be 2 years from moving if your timeline hasn't budged. If you haven't chosen a Tucson buyer's agent, I would be happy to update you on what is happening here. Several of my sellers have chosen to rent their homes temporarily, but truly want to sell. The pricepoint and wishlist may have you looking at manufactured homes here, depending on locations you prefer.

Kat Tyree, Associate Broker
TucsonKat@gmail.com
520-7305540
There are lots of options at this time, but as the market is improving the prices will surely continue to rise along with interest rates. i suggest buying now, renting it out for four years and then moving in when you are ready. That way you are buying at the right time for price and interest rate. If your plans change, you can sell it and hopefully make some profit. Let me know and we can link up when you are ready and I or my Team can help you find the right home. If you want we can set up a free search and you can get daily updates on available homes. Ric Mills 520-548-8940, ric925az@gmail.com, http://www.thedanadlerteam.com. Good Luck
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 14, 2013
Yes, lots of options right now in the housing market. Find a Realtor that you enjoy working with and when you are ready give them a call. Regardless if you are ready now, 4 years, or 10 years from now . Remember as a buyer it costs you nothing to use a Realtor.

Best of luck.
Spirit Messingham
Tierra Antigua Realty
Some of the rentals may become sales by the time you arrive. Sorry I couldn't resist!