Moving in West Palm Beach>Question Details

Options1, Renter in Vero Beach, FL

How can I find a nice modular or mobile home cheap either on private property or a lot where I don't have to complete tons of forms?

Asked by Options1, Vero Beach, FL Thu Mar 24, 2011

I was told Florida had a lot of empty homes and foreclosures. I was also told buying modular or mobile homes was very easy, but each place I have found requires many background checks and credit reports. My background check is fine, but I have terrible credit and work in Florida is PT for now. I can borrow up to 2500 to buy a nice mobile/mod home (seen lots), but all the parks seem expensive and very over regulated and require lots of forms. Up here (MA), I have been able to rent nice places based on me being a teacher, having a great meeting, & prior rental references. No forms. Credit checks sink me, but my rental history is excellent. Help? Moving there because told opportunity to own home and live reasonably cheap without lots of strings attached. A little lost now. Any help appreciated, like places to find private modular/mobile homes where I can actually afford it, and it won't be a hassle getting in. Also, do you have any information and/or resources on foreclosures I might get?