Cornell Woods is a beautiful community that has an association all homeowners belong to. Lawns are maintained, snow removal and septic system maintenance, etc. This feature provides you with a single family home without the necessary outdoor maintenance. It also means that you pay a monthly association fee, currently assessed at $390 per month. On the active listings, an additional assessment is also noted.
When considering the purchase of a home, I always go over all the costs with my buyer clients, developing a monthly budget before making a final purchase decision and subsequent offer. The first questions I ask may seem like common sense:
1. What size home are you looking for?
2. How many bedrooms/bathrooms?
3. Important features; i.e., garage, basement, walk up attic, family room, eat in kitchen, etc.?
4. Walking distance to shops and public transportation?
5. Community features; i.e., community pool, tennis, golf, recreation and parks?
6. Mortgage/taxes/association fees. Total monthly budget?
7. City, town or village?
This is the beginning of my list of questions. If I know what my client is looking for, the search for your new home is a pleasure. Today's market is very different and can be frustrating for buyers and sellers. I see my job as taking the frustration away and handling all the details involved in the transaction.
Please let me know if I can help you in your search for a new home.... more
In the pipe dream land, did 114 Huntley Ave, Ardsley NY also enter contract? Its still on this site but not listed by searches on prudential etc. It looks beautiful and we have good friends that live on that street but alas, so expensive.... more