Military Movers in Alameda>Question Details

margi.avey, Renter in Alameda, CA

My husband is getting transferred from Seattle to Coast Guard Island. We are looking for a 2 bed/2 bath, house/apartment/condo. Help?

Asked by margi.avey, Alameda, CA Wed May 22, 2013

We will be in the area in mid-June, We are trying to stay under $1900/mo. We have a 5 year old who will be going to Kindergarten, so we would like a good neighborhood close to schools.

Answers

5
Margi,

Alameda Park Apartments has very spacious floor plans one our 2x1 units and is only a block and a half from Longfellow Elementary. The rent is from $1550-$1575 and include water, sewer & garbage and have been either recently remodeled(within the last year) or will be remodeled prior to the next resident. Currently we have a few openings coming up for your desired move in date. Please give me a call at 510-814-1040 to set up a tour of our community.
Thank you Michael. I will give you a call tomorrow!
Flag Thu May 30, 2013
If you are looking to rent, you can call Harbor Bay Realty at 510.523.1166
OMM inc (mason management) is your best bet. I would also check to see if there is a CG family forum in Alameda/Oakland/Marin there could be some good information or resources there too. I have a friend that is in the Coast Guard and is selling their home and transferring to Miami so I am familiar with the process.
As far as the rental rates go don't be afraid to check out areas like Castro Valley, Dublin, San Ramon, etc. Its about 15-30 minutes away but the schools are good and its a sprawling area compared to Alameda which has doubled in size from 1920 - we are very slow growth and the market is tight.
But do give Jan Mason a call and tell her I referred you. Her heart is in the right place and she might have an owner open to helping you guys out.

John-Michael
Hi...It seems you are looking for a rental. Most responses will be from agents who sell property and most likely do not handle rentals. I have lived in Alameda all my life and a Broker for over 28 years. I think your best bet for a rental is to contact Mason Management. If you are looking to purchase a home I would be happy to help you. Good luck and have a wonderful Memorial Day.

OMM INC., Mason Management
http://www.ommhomes.com/‎
Normal business hours: Monday - Friday 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM Saturday 9:30 AM - 3:30 PM.
Google+ page · Be the first to review
2514 Santa Clara Ave Alameda, CA 94501
(510) 522-8074
Hi Margi,

Its great that you are looking and asking questions now instead of waiting until the last minute. I am wondering if your desire is to Rent/Lease or Purchase a property and if so what city; I see that you have Alameda, CA on your profile, do want Alameda as your designated area or are there other areas that you are willing to take a look at. I am available to help you in either route your family decides to choose. Please give me a call (510) 469-3148 or email evangeline.white@outlook.com. I am at the Better Homes & Gardens Grand Lake Office in Oakland, CA.

I can start sending you listing information on the specifications of your choice for properties; so you can see what may be a good fit for your family. For more information and questions please contact me anytime.