Military Movers in Atlanta>Question Details

lgayle12518, Home Buyer in Atlanta, GA

I'm looking to purchase a house using my VA Home Loan. Is it much of a hassle?

Asked by lgayle12518, Atlanta, GA Fri Aug 23, 2013

Answers

11
Kim Tullis’ answer
Hi there - Although it can be a fairly long process from start to close, its not a hassle. Just normal procedures. I work with several lenders that qualify military personnel via their VA entitlement. Give me a buzz if you're interested in receiving their contact info. 404-437-9882 or email kimtullis@gmail.com
All the Best,
"TheRealEstateChickof Atlanta"
No, using your VA loan benefits are not a hassle at all.

1. Obtain your certificate of eligibility (http://benefits.va.gov/homeloans/)
2. Get approved for a mortgage through a participating lender (I can provide a list for you)
3. Find and get a property under contract (I can help you with that)
4. Continue to communicate with your agent and lender
5. Close on your home.

Please call if I can be of assistance.

Solomon Greene
Georgia Real Estate Brokers Associate
REALTOR®, REALTIST®
Certified Affordable Housing Counselor
Keller Williams Realty Atlanta Partners
(678) 775-2677
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Aug 24, 2013
If you find the right lender who's had experience in VA loans, it will definitely help. It's not that lenders who take a long time with VA loans are bad, it's just a complicated loan that doesn't occur quite often for loan officers. So it is better to find a lender who has had a lot of experience with VA loans because they will know what they are doing and will be able to make the process smoother. This is just something to consider.

I hope this helps and good luck!

Brian Nguyen
Sr. Mortgage Banker
NMLS # 659743
Phone: 949.667.2887
brian.nguyen@nafinc.com
I am an experienced VA Loan Originator with Great Plains National Bank and I can close your loan in less than 30 days. We do not charge any Origination/Discounts cost therefore you will receive your earnest money deposit back at closing. Apply online at http://www.YourHomeLoanRanger.com. Call me 770-912-0927
The best service in the world is a one stop shop service. Why go here and there looking for a mortgage person, a lender, an agent and a house yourself. With Better Homes and Gardens Metro Brokers we provide all the services in house. We have financial, title/closing and Insurance. We help the home buying process simplify itself. Get started today call and ask questions and find out why you should us. An agent is located in over 20 of our major offices in the Atlanta, GA area.
Web Reference: http://www.metrobrokers.com
Not at all. If you have your DD-214 paperwork (discharge), then we can even order your certificate of eligibility for you. I closed 4 VA loans this month alone so would love to be able to assist you with your new home financing.
Hi Igayle,

Sorry I'm a little late to the game! I'm a real estate agent in Tucson and a veteran myself. My husband & I have used our VA loan benefits to purchase two homes & have also done an IRRL (interest-rate reduction loan). The VA loan entitlement has many benefits, other than no down payment, that a lot of veterans don't know about. A couple of these are the ability to refinance into a lower interest rate without an appraisal and assumability of your loan by future buyers at today's low interest rates.

Today, most mortgage lenders do VA loans. The main reasons they may take a bit longer (just a little) is because the home you purchase has to be appraised by a VA appraiser & they have up to thirty days from the time the appraisal is ordered to perform the appraisal. Also, the loan has to be reviewed by VA underwriters, as well as the lender's underwriters. The home can't be a fix-up, meaning it has to have floor coverings & a kitchen (functional stove & sink). Also, depending on the climate, it will need a heater & a clear termite report (free of termites or just treated). Taking these factors into account, we usually try to schedule the closing for 6 weeks from the offer, as opposed to the usual 4 weeks. This should give you plenty of time.

I recently found out about a program called Homes for Heroes (HomesForHeroes.com). It's a network of real estate professionals that offer discounts and rebates to community heroes (including veterans). As a buyer, you would receive 25% of your agent's commission as a credit towards your closing costs (that's usually $750 for every $100,000 of home). Plus, they have lenders in their network as well that will give you discounts on their origination fees. I'm sure a Homes for Heroes agent will know a good local lender that has done lots of VA loans and will help you get everything you need to get together to get the process going.

Get your DD214 ready, check out Homes For Heroes, and find the home of your dreams!

Shawn Devoid
Chartered Real Estate Consultant
Tierra Antigua Realty
520-352-9111
shawndevoid@tierraantigua.com
shawnintucson.com
HomesForHeroes.com
lgayle2518,

That is excellent that you qualify for a VA loan. In my opinion, it is the best loan product out there. The VA loan process is no different than that of any other product for the most part. The only difference is that the appraisal has to go through VA and can take a couple of days longer. I would be happy to run some scenarios for you to compare if you have already been pre approved.

Feel free to contact me if I can help in any way.

George Cohen
Mortgage Banker
Brand Mortgage Group
678-442-3401
gcohen@brandmortgage.com
NMLS 1078450
In my experience, yes it does take longer due to extra layers on the cake so to speak. Great loan & thank you for your service!
BTW - not a longer process at all. Same as a cone tonal loan, maybe a week more than the conventional turn time.

If my response was helpful, consider clicking BEST ANSWER!

Javier Meneses
Senior Loan Officer
STERLING NATIONAL BANK
310 Crossways Park Drive
Woodbury, NY 11797
jmeneses@snb.com
(516) 606-9648 Cell
(516) 740-4478 Office
(516) 918-5383 Fax
Not at all, it's actually a great mortgage program. You may qualify for 100% financing, including closing costs, no mortgage insurance, among other benefits.

Speak to a Loan Officer who offers this program and get pre-approved. I'm more than available to help should you need a VA experienced Loan Officer. Good luck!

Javier Meneses
Senior Loan Officer
STERLING NATIONAL BANK
310 Crossways Park Drive
Woodbury, NY 11797
jmeneses@snb.com
(516) 606-9648 Cell
(516) 740-4478 Office
(516) 918-5383 Fax