Military Movers in Harlem>Question Details

thelma.jones…, Renter in Portsmouth, VA

I am a veteran going to school full time, receiving an allotment (BAH)to pay rent from the government. I am looking for a 2/3 bedroom apt in harlem.

Asked by thelma.jones1984, Portsmouth, VA Mon Jul 22, 2013

However, my credit is horrible. Im willing to pay up to $2000 a month. Any help?

Help the community by answering this question:


Please contact me. My name is Dennis and I can be reached at 212-714-1027 ext 12. Thank you for your service to our country and good luck.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 23, 2013
Hello Thelma,

Please accept my sincere thanks for serving our country!
The best thing to do in your situation is to try to clean up your
credit. There are a small percentage of landlords who will forgive
dings from school loans or delayed medical bills.
Be prepared to be asked for a higher than normal security deposit due to
poor credit as you will be considered a higher risk.
If at all possible, the quickest route would be to find a guarantor who
makes 80X the rent who will sign for you.
Best of luck and please feel free to ring me with any questions.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 23, 2013
You can rent an apartment if you have a guarantor whose income should be 80 times the monthly rental, i.e $160, 000. Feel free to call/text me any time : 917-519-4664.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 22, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer