Military Movers in Tampa>Question Details

William Tovar, Renter in Tampa, FL

I am Military stationed overseas (Italy) and will be relocating to Tampa with my wife and our dog. We are looking to rent and would like to rent and..

Asked by William Tovar, Tampa, FL Tue Aug 27, 2013

keep it around $1300 or lower. Anyone out there feel like helping my find a great home?

Answers

9
Mary Christiana Nieves’ answer
Thank you for your service, Mr. Tovar. Fish Hawk Ranch is a very popular community among military and their families. It is an easy commute with the Crosstown Expressway and there are many different housing options available in your price range. If you and your wife are younger and want to be closer to nightlife and things to do, another popular area, closer to the base, is South Tampa. There are plenty of options for you to choose from in the Tampa area. I grew up here, so if I can assist in any way with your move or helping you get acquainted with or connected in Tampa, please let me know! You can reach me by call or text at (813)240-7760 or on Facebook at facebook.com/chrissynieveskw. Thanks! :)
Absolutely, I would be happy to assist you in locating your new home in Tampa. I need more information regarding your specific needs and I can start searching properties for you. Please call me at 813.309.2500 or my business partner, Cheryl Nelson at 813.810.6100 to discuss this further. Or, if it is more convenient for you to email us my email address is Barbara.pesho@yahoo.com and Cheryl's email address is cdnelson@ymail.com. We look forward to hearing from you and helping you with your move to Tampa. Best Regards, Barbara L. Pesho
William,
You''re going to love living in Tampa! I have a nephew that served in Iraq, so I really like to support our military families.
Just something to think about...
For the $1300 you're looking to spend monthly, you could afford to buy a $150,000 property--a single family home or a townhouse--whatever suits your family's needs better.
Interest rates are still low, and it's a great time to buy.
Please let me know if I can help.

Beth Perlozzo
Keller Williams Realty New Tampa
813-340-7073
Also MacDill AFB has a housing office that lists rental properties:

http://www.ahrn.com/macdillafb.php

Hope this helps!

Alma
Sir.. Thank you for your service. I retired in 2012. If you can't find an agent to help you otherwise let me know. I am "linkdn" with military friendly agents nationwide. I'll get a couple of numbers for ya..
Darian
darian@kirkmanrealestate.com

Just so you know, some Rental listing Realtors will only agree to give a renter's Realtor as little as $50. You may have some difficulty finding an agent to donate her time and gas to assist with finding a rental.

Also you MUST be VERY cautious when renting because we have scammers that will rent out property they do not even own.

One recent bank owned listing was rented out to an unsuspecting tenant and now the sheriff showed up at the door to remove those poor people who paid a scammer $3,900!

So I would highly recommend renting in an apartment complex until you're ready to be an owner. Otherwise you must verify the owner is not in foreclosure before renting and also every month thereafter.

We have Military Heroes money that may be able to give you up to $10k to buy a home, take a look:

http://apps.floridahousing.org/StandAlone/FTHBWizard/FTHBWiz…

Alma
Alma Rose Kee, PA
Future Home Realty
813.244.9898
William

I would be happy to help you in your search. I have worked with military families helping them with many aspects of the move. I am the wife of a retired Soldier and can give you good insight into this area.

Please review my profile and recommendations on Trulia and send me a message.

Respectfully
Tracy Hoyt
Glad to be in service, I can also assist in temperory housing through VA patriots harbor when you arrive.
Feel free to check my company website....

American Homes 4 Rent has approximately 200 available homes in the Tampa Bay area.

check out of website at http://www.ah4r.com

Call me with questions... 813-321-2123