Market Conditions in Windsor>Question Details

Vbrandt88, Other/Just Looking in Windsor, CO

why is water valley the best subdivision to live in compared to others like Ptarmigan, Highland Meadows etc.?

Asked by Vbrandt88, Windsor, CO Fri Jan 8, 2010

Answers

9
Water Valley has the ammenities that others don't like...5-world class fishing lakes...7.2 miles of walking trails...27-holes of golf...most beach sand in Colorado...swimming...boating...on and on. Truely a Resort Style living paradise along with being a golf cart community. Feel free to reach out for more info as I am the one in the little brown log cabin in Water Valley South called "Water Valley Welcome Center" and live here as well. Thanks, Rick Baker 970-301-3513
Each Housing Sub Division has some features that stand out better than others - so I'm not certain that any housing area is considered the best.

That being said - you might try writing down - specifically - what is important to you. EX: Nature Trails Close by, Community Pool, Close to Shopping, etc. Create them in order of importance to you. Than go drive around and see how they stack up. You might just discover that you have a new "Best Sub Division" based on your criteria!

Best of Luck & let me know if I can help.

Andy Burnett
ERA
andy@aburnettrealty.com
970-488-9391
Classifying Water Valley as the "best" subdivision depends on what you are looking at and what criteria you are looking for in a specific neighborhood. Each area has their unique features. You are welcome to visit my website at http://www.westrealtynoco.com and go under the tab of "Market Insider" which will allow you to compare different areas and allow you to make that choice if it is the "best". Give me a call at 970-631-7111 if you have any questions. Thanks and good luck!
I think it is all about location. I recently moved to Highland Meadows in west Windsor. The reason I like it is because my office is Fort Collins and has close access to I-25. Water Valley has its advatages with its resort style living and golf courses. But on my side of town, there are also golf courses. I think it is what best suits you. It still a little less expensive in Windsor then in Fort Collins and parts of Loveland. Again, it's just what best suits you.

Lots of luck and success to you in your search.

--Matt
I'm not sure I understand this question. Water Valley is the best according to who? "Best" is subjective and I wouldn't consider Water Valley the best of the three or even the "Best" in terms of Windsor. It is certainly a nice subdivision, but for someone who wants privacy (as in a private yard that isn't on display so everyone can see you lounging) it would not be the best choice. For someone who enjoys the openness of not having privately contained yards and likes to show off their house and outdoor space, it could be considered a great choice, but again, "best" is subjective. Of the three, I personally prefer Ptarmigan, then Highland Meadows, then Water Valley, but it all comes down to what you are looking for. In reality, I would not chose to live in any of them right now because I don't golf and because I'm a younger demographic than most in those neighborhoods. They are all nice additions however and I wouldn't say that any one is better than the other, but to make a blanket statement about which addition is the best implies that people are not individuals with individual perferences. In the movies, people might buy houses in certain additions to "keep up with the Jones" but only fools do that in real live. Pick the neighborhood that suits your tastes and preferences best. Who cares what the Jones say about which neighborhood is better?
Water valley is a resort style living master planned community. This being said it offers Lake and lake front homes with access to lakes and beautiful views. It has excellent Golf coarses with biking and walking trails. Both very large and more modest homes styles, along with condos and town homes with little or no maintenance. Some great mountain views, canoeing, long walks, wide streets, beautiful landscapes, play areas for children, a fitness health center with lap pool, yoga and cardio facilities, large Estate lots in pelican hills, even some equestrian, a clubhouse and summer pool program, gated as well as open living, security, a very large senior care independent living facility. I could go on and on. I live in Water Valley because I chose a resort outdoor style living for myself and my family. I walk, hike, golf, BBq , swim, boat and have fantastic Sunday buffet all in my neighborhood. Several comment about previous land use is not only misleading but highly inaccurate. I have been here for many years and never seen any mold LOL. There are certain feature you will find in other areas of Windsor that might appeal to you if you want privacy and a farm then you may chose further north. I believe Water Valley is one of the choicest living environments in the entire state if you like healthy outdoor living
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 19, 2011
I've been in Windsor only 5 years, and love it...but don't forget the charm of the older communities. I did not buy in Water Valley mainly becouse the mountain views were much nicer just north, and houses have more land space, in some cases. I'd highly recc. researching the previous use of the land in
Water Valley (a dump), and to be aware of mold issues in some parts of Water Valley. Good luck and welcome to Windsor!
In my professional opinion, all 3 Neighborhoods have their "Best" Attributes" as well as "Negative" Attributes". You as the Consumer need to determine what you are looking for in a home and Community. Researching the history of Sold properties, Owner Occupied versus Leased and turn around are all really important in making a good decision in today's economic climate. As a Consumer, I look at Location, Ammenities, Price and "ReSale" Value's" . All 3 Subdivisions have wonderful attributes. Water Valley, tends to be tucked into the town of Windsor more so than Ptarmigan and Highland Meadows. If Commuting time is important for a quick connect to I-25, then Ptarmigan and Highland Meadows, Country Meadows, would be also great alternative neighborhoods.

I specialize in Residential Real Estate with Re/Max Alliance with focus on the Town of Windsor. I would love to listen to more of your needs and concerns. You can call me at 970-217-4112 to talk personally about what you are looking for. Have a great day!
Web Reference: http://www.LoriLindholm.com
I'm not sure why you would think that Water Valley is the best subdivision to live in, unless it has the amenities that you want. Water Valley has golf courses, water features, and a beautiful clubhouse. There are also other facilities there that you may be interested in. But, the other two subdivisions also have amenities like golf and clubhouses.

I would look and see which sub has the homes you're interested in, and go from there. I'd be more than happy to help you to figure out what would have the best fit for you - feel free to write me at sean@rmfa.com. Also, my website has a search engine for the entire Multiple List, including a Map Search Feature. You do not need to sign up to access it.

Best of luck, and have a great weekend!

Sean Dougherty, RE/MAX Alliance
http://www.HawaiianShirtGuy.com