vincestr, Home Buyer in West Palm Beach, FL

why are there extra expenses in this area.. these are single homes ?

Asked by vincestr, West Palm Beach, FL Mon Mar 25, 2013

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/property/3089125627-10190-Orchid-Reser…

Answers

1
Tom Priester’s answer
Dear Vince,

The property you are inquiring about is a condominium and is located in Ibis Golf and Country Club in West Palm Beach. Ibis is a tremendous facility but is a private equity club with significant fees. They have 4 different levels of membership with initiation fees starting at $40,000 for the Social Sports Membership up to $80,000 for a Premier Golf Membership. Annual dues start at $4,843 and go up to over $11,000 depending on membership classification.

Like most private clubs Ibis is struggling with higher real estate inventory that the overall market. Baby boomers are not as interested in golf as the central focus of their lifestyle and all clubs are positioning themselves with various ideas to attract younger members. It is an excellent time to buy for those interested in a private club as there are many very motivated sellers out there.

The best thing you can do in today's active market is clearly define your housing objectives and determine what areas will meet your needs. Inventory levels are very low and finding homes is a much more difficult task than it was a few months ago. If you would like to further discuss your particular situation and put together a game plan to meet your goals please feel free to contact me at your convenience for a complimentary consultation. I would be honored to be on the list of Realtors® you may choose to interview to assist you and your family find the perfect Florida home.

Best of luck and if I can offer anything additional please let me know.

Tom Priester e-PRO
"Results Driven Real Estate"

561 308-0175
tom@tompriester.com