Jimee44, Home Buyer in 11718

where do I find average days on the market from listing to sale in 97210 ?

Asked by Jimee44, 11718 Wed Aug 31, 2011

Answers

14
Dave Sutton, Windermere, Portland’s answer
Any one zip code generally has too few sales to draw any conclusions, PLUS there is usually a wide difference in days on market between short sales, bank owned, and "traditional' sales, Here are the numbers for 97210 for July:
Detached Homes:
Traditional Sale, 6, 52 Days on Market
REO - last sale was in June 1 sale, 153 Days of Market
Short Sale - None since 12/2010

Condos:

Traditional Sale, 10 Sales, 130 Days on Market
REO - 2 sales, 101 Days on Market
Short Sale - 1 sale, 126 Days on Market.

If you want to consider the entire Portland Tri-county Area, Days on Market
Detached Homes:
Traditional Sales - 129
REO - 72
Short Sale 173

Condos:
Traditional - 96
REO - 64
Short Sale 197

I'd be happy to help you with other figures, but I think you see that one zip code doesn't produce meaningful results.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Aug 31, 2011
Ran a quick search for you. Active listings in 97210: 161 average days on market; Pending sales: 108 average days on market; and Sales that closed in the past 3 months: 136 average days on the market.

Just yell if you need anything further and have a great evening!

Kelly Gebler, Principal Broker
Cornerstone Group NW @ Keller Williams Realty
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Aug 31, 2011
I highly recommend subscribing to RMLS Market Action, it is produced by our local RMLS and provides that exact type of information. You can subscribe on my website and others.
You can goto trulia or zillow or just ask a realtor in the area
Your Realtor can get you that answer through the MLS.
I think an interesting question that nobody is asking - what are you using the information to determint?

Statistics can be skewed in many different directions. Using it to determine price or marketability for a flip are two completely different scenarios.

Are you looking to buy something, rent something, lease option something or sell something. All of these will look at this information differently.

As a lender, and former agent of 12 years, I think there are more questions to delve into.

Financing can drive days on market as well as short sale activity as well as how many competing properties on the market exist.

Hope this is helpful info.

PS. I saw Kelly Gebler from Keller Williams was one of the agents that chimed in - if you are going to buy or sell, I would definately interview her at least to get her take on the situation - she is a rockstar!
The Best source for this kind of information is local real estate agent.You may call real estate agent.Good luck
Any realtor can help you answer that question, also you can contact a title company, and they can help you also.Feel free to contact me live, and I will help answer any questions you might have.
Chuck Simpson Broker
503-380-7495
A Realtor can help you find the average days on market for any specific criteria you would like. I would encourage you to look at more specifically how many days on market a comparable house to yours has been on the market. Size, condition, price and sale type have a great deal to do with average days on market. Most homes that have a higher than average days on market often have not been properly marketed, staged, and priced. As a Portland Real Estate broker, I believe it is very important to get educated about comparables to your home. Having a thorough price report completed on your home, should include looking at days on market and price changes so you can educate yourself as to what the market is doing in your neighborhood. Price reports are given by real estate brokers free of charge, and are a great opportunity to interview brokers on their marketing techniques and professionalism.
Hi Jimee44,
Realtors can provide you this info as we have access to local MLS company called RMLS. To get the actual picture of the market in your desired zipcode you should contact a Realtor who can provide you the data of current market as well as the past for a good comparison. Let me know and I will be happy to help you in understanding the market for 97210.
Manisha
manisha.realtor@gmail.com
Web Reference: http://www.Manishajain.com
FYI - Realtors like myself get the information from the local MLS, here in Portland we generally use a company called RMLS.
You can normally get it from any realtor in that area or you can go on realtor.com and find out average days on the market - again it will depend on month and price range. Good luck!
It will depend on the price of the home. For all price ranges, average days on the market for May was 176. For June it was 91. Homes under 400,000 average days on market was 172 in May and 62 in June. Over 400K were 178 and 105. Short sales will pull the average up.
Any local agent can provide you the information; keep in mind that average days on the market does vary by exact location, pricing, property size, schools, upgrades, etc...