Trottolino, Home Buyer in Stamford, CT

what's the cost per s/f to build a new house in stamford,ct?

Asked by Trottolino, Stamford, CT Fri Jul 3, 2009

Answers

3
Laura Feghali’s answer
Hello Trottolino,
Your question on what it costs per square foot to build a house in Stamford has many factors to consider: size of home, quality of materials used, existing utilities available, labor costs, and most importantly the location. Stamford's neighbohoods are quite diverse as you will pay more for a lot in the Shippan or Westover neighborhoods in comparison to others. Due to the economy being in a slump, I think that I'm safe to say that many contractors would be eager for your business and would be willing to negotiate on their pricing. I hope this is helpful to you.

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty
203-536-4802
laurafeghali@prudentialct.com
$150 - $200 per sq. ft., calculated on a "Gross" basis over the above grade, heated, livable area of the dwelling. As the Stamford, CT area is a high cost of living area, you are probably looking at $200 psf for a "higher" quality, stick-built home.
If you are looking for expert analysis for residential values, contact Wilcox & Company at 203-344-1077. wilcoxcompany@optonline.net
Flag Thu Oct 17, 2013
Hello Trottolino,
The answer to this question will be relative to the style of home and finishes you choose. It can be compounded by the improvements needed for the vacant land. If you look at a selection of new construction homes currently available for sale in Stamford CT, you will see a range between $400sqft - $900sqft.
I hope this helps,
Charlie Nedder Realtor
Weichert Capital Properties
Stamford CT Real Estate
203-524-4303
http://WWW.CNEDDER.COM