Anna Zepaltas, Home Buyer in Santa Rosa, CA

what kind of an increase in sales prices of homes in Santa Rosa have we seen over last year? I heard 4% but that seems high to me.

Asked by Anna Zepaltas, Santa Rosa, CA Thu Mar 28, 2013

Answers

6
Kelly Dale Lyles’ answer
At one point earlier in the year in Sonoma County in a 13 month time frame roughly the under 500K range was up 23%. Santa Rosa only I would say is over the 4% taking all price ranges due to the over 500K range in the same time frame as my earlier comment was up around 3% at one point.
The best way to find out how much your home has gone up in value is to ask an agent to do a Comparative Market Analysis for you on your home! Whether you are thinking of selling soon or even in the next few years, it's a good idea to start talking to realtors as soon as possible and enjoy the benefits of some helpful information about preparing your home, deciding which improvements should be first on your list, and what things may be money wasted! Would be happy to meet and talk with you. Best, Terry Bell, CPS Real Estate, Santa Rosa, CA 95405 707-292-5712
TerryinSR@aol.com
All of the great agent's below added important insight/ criteria to more accurately answer that question. The more accurate the question, the more accurate the answer. All of the being said I think in my opinion most categories of real estate in Santa Rosa (including all of the areas and all of the price brackets) have seen values increase by well over 4% in the last 12 months, much more.
In general the rule should be to compare a particular property to others sold recently by making adjustments for extra amenities/updates or the lack thereof, and only then will the change of sale price and appreciation make any sense. Also the location style and size and construction of home may make a different, as well as the lot size...
And in your case we do not know if you are interested because you want to sell property or to buy property.... You really should connect with a local experienced Realtor to know you intentions and future plans to provide you with a good market evaluation for your specific situation, and give you the best
possible advice and market information...
If you need the recommendation for a good Realtor in your area, let me know I gladly send one your way.
Sincerely yours,
Edith YourRealtor4Life & Chicago and Northern Illinois Expert

Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and Investors alike....
And always with a SMILE 
Covering for @Properties the city of Chicago, all N and NW suburbs, the fine homes on the
North Shore, and many of the W and SW suburbs, and with her trusted Partner Agents all of
the US and worldwide properties. Edith speaks French, German, some Spanish and other.....
@Properties ---- EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com
Check out my website at htttp://tinyurl.com/YourRealtor4Life
HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL DAY :)
In the 300K-400K price range the gains have been substantial, especially during the past month or two (Feb. and March 2013). It is not uncommon to see houses that are attractive and not on a busy street having multiple competing offers (sometimes 10-20 offers) going for 25-30K above the list price and occasionally 40-50K above due to an extreme shortage of inventory combined with a lot of buyers jumping in the market at the same time in an attempt to head off the increasing prices and interest rates. In the higher price ranges (500K and up) the price gains have been much more modest although sales activity is increasing across all price ranges.
What a great question and so difficult to answer-- so dependent on price range and area- local and location are so important in answering your question-- almost impossible to give relevant info with out getting more specific....