Michael Sanzo, Home Buyer in Baltimore, MD

what is the 2 two bedroom condo market been like this year around the Baltimore harbor area.?

Asked by Michael Sanzo, Baltimore, MD Wed Jun 20, 2012

You don't want to live here, trust me. Despite what city government officials would have you believe, this city is in it's agonal phase. It's dying, basically. Wandering violent flash mobs, worthless groups of young thugs although we cannot say exactly what they're "comprised of lest we be shouted down for our political incorrectness, but believe me, Baltimore is no longer a good place. It has been "overrun", if you will. We're looking into relocating to another state entirely even as I write.
Overrun by what or whom? I wish you luck in relocating!
Flag Mon Aug 20, 2012
Hi Michael!

It depends on the size, location, age, and floor of the unit. Each building is unique, even within Fells Point, so the market may be different based on the building.

The rental market has been very hot in Downtown Baltimore, and that is another component of the condo real estate market.

If you could share some more specifics, we may be able to better help!

Thank you!

Marney Kirk
Keller Williams Excellence Realty
We hope to retire there in about two or so years to the Fells Point/Canton area! I'd like to keep your # handy when we settle on a move date - Probably in late 2014! Kathryn.seeds@gmail.com
Flag Sat Aug 25, 2012
Hi Michael, as you can see there are saw great numbers for you to ponder if you are thinking of Selling or Leasing your condo in the near future. Now it comes down to marketing. How is YOUR agent going to market your condo to achieve the best price best possible in the least amount of days.

As many of my Seller's have found out by Google....they have come across my website http://www.MarylandHOMESTeam.com/ over and over. What I tell them is this...."If YOU found me on Google as a Seller....than Buyers are finding me...period" and it is true. Based on my statistics of Buyers signing up for my FREE Listingbook Service....some could very well be looking for YOUR condo. When the time comes, feel free to reach out and contact me to see what I can do for you when offering your property to the marketplace.
Michael, you have been given some good general statistics, as June indicated. I won't repeat them.

If what you are really asking about is the demand for two-bedroom condos around the Inner Harbor, I'll offer my opinion based on living and working in Harbor East for years.

There is strong and rising demand for 2BR rentals in the area. The market for sales, however, is extremely weak. Prices are at or near multi-year lows.

That is not to say that it is impossible to sell, as the statistics show. However, you must weigh the need to price your property competitively against the possiblity that prices will be considerably higher if you are able to hold on for a few years.

We realtors like to talk about the importance of location, location, location, but timing is just as important. Many sellers are finding it financially wise to rent out their property at today's high rental prices until the market for sales recovers.

I know that's not the advice you expect to hear from a real estate broker, but it's the truth.

Best of luck,

Michael A. Kupritz, MBA, GRI
Principal Broker
The Kupritz Group, Real Estate Professionals, Inc.
"Maryland's Original Full-Service, Commission-Free REALTOR®"
I did some checking for condo's all around the Baltimore harbor from Locust Point over to Canton. There are currently 37 active listings ranging in price from $189000 to $1,450,000. There are 22 units under contract ranging from $199,900 to $1,475,000. Since January 2012 31 units have settled ranging in price from $123,000 to $1,170,000. There seems to be a balance, in that over the last 6 months 53 listings have sold, 22 are under contract working towards settlement. The average days on market are 112 days which is slightly more than other types of homes in Baltimore City but not that much longer.
If you are considering selling your condo, I would be happy to sit down with you and give you a full market analysis which would be more representative of your particular home rather than general like this and advise you as to whether now would be a good time to sell and what your home would likely sell for in the current market. Interest rates are very low now and there is an increasing demand for homes, now could be the right time to sell.
June Piper-Brandon
Associate Broker
Century 21 New Millennium
410-292-0100 (direct)
410-730-8888 (office)
There are currently 7 active condos on the market ranging in price from 690k to 275k. Median list price is roughly 330K. let me know if you need any assistance.