Market Conditions in 02066>Question Details

Haider, Home Seller in 02066

what is the medium price of homes on the water 02066 area?

Asked by Haider, 02066 Wed Apr 2, 2008

Answers

9
Depends on what part of Scituate you are talking about. Humarock average is around 800,000. Minot Beach area and the Cliffs are the most sought after areas wtih most the homes going into the Millions. The middle Beach areas are in the 500-700 range. There are so many factors to consider such as condition, size and location. Find a Great Agent that will give you the most internet exposure! That is the KEY!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Oct 28, 2008
They run anywhere from mid-$500's for a fixer-upper up to $1,750,000 for a pristine, larger property with a nice lot. There are areas that flood badly in storms and hurricanes so you might want to pay particular attention to those negatives in your search.
Ask your most favored RE agent for comps and market trends of all the areas you are looking at Then because that agent was so nice you will not buy anything without him as the agent representing you
Haider,
I agree with eveyones answers. It definitely depends on which area you are in. Not only that but also beachfront vs. waterfront is a factor in pricing. Myself and Kathy Judge are listing a new construction in Minot with direct beach access. The views are incredible and the beach supreme. Having a local realtor with the insights into the different beach areas is key. We at Coldwell Banker in Scituate have the vast share of the market. In addition to having a fabulous private web site, we also are linked to Google and Trulia. These 2 sites are very important as they reach the savy internet buyer. I also have a personal website feel free to take a peek and all my information can be found on my site.
HI
My name is Diane Bennett of ColdwellBanker Scituate. I Live on 4th Cliff and have been selling homes in Humarock for 16 yrs and have seen the homes fluctuate drastically. 6yrs ago I. sold the 1st million dollar home, which was 3000 sq ft on a double lot with all the amenities, bells and whistles imported from Europe etc etc. Fortunately or unfortunately because of the economy home values have plummeted....my last two listings sold for $795K (oceanfront) and $350k (riverfront)....I NOW HAVE A LISTING DIRECT OCEANFRONT $579,900, in need of remodeling, which is assessed for $666K.....homes priced realistically in this market sell, if they are maintained or the buyer sees good value in remodeling a well located home. Good luck and if you have further questions, please feel free to contact me on my cell so that I might give you my personal assistance on the value of your home. The numbers given by previous realtors have been right on the money. Remember buying is always emotional.....selling is traumatic unless you have the most qualified Realtor, who knows their particular market.
Haider,
Thankfully -- it is a good time to be a buyer of waterfront property. Going into the winter traditionally prices slide a little. That combined with the slowing due to the economy/election will bring you a good deal. If you would like to get listing updates or spend an afternoon viewing many of the coastal opportunities, please feel free to contact me.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 26, 2008
Haider, good evening. I found your question very interesting and did a bit of research. I took you literally when you asked for homes "on the water" and did not include those listed as being within walking distance or those that might have views of the ocean.

Here goes...I found 13 homes in the 02066 zip code which included one in the Humarock section of Scituate. The prices ranged from $399,900 - $2,449.00 with a median price of $699,900. Additionally, I found 4 condominiums that qualify , priced from $429,900 - $734,900. The median price condo price is $574,450. I hope the information proves helpful!
Hi Haider,
You'll find quite a difference depending on where on the water in Scituate the property is located. Waterfront property in Minot generally will have higher values than Sand Hills. And waterfront on Third Cliff facing the North River and Spit will have different values than beachfront. This is where I work if I can be of assistance.

Chris Head, GRI, CBR
William Raveis Real Estate
Norwell, MA
There are currently 17 single family homes & 22 condominiums on the market in 02066 that are designated as "waterfront". The average price is $659,214. The median price is $689,000.