Market Conditions in 95758>Question Details

Shamsa Gouch, Other/Just Looking in Elk Grove, CA

what is the market price for elk grove, 4 bed 3 full baths presently?

Asked by Shamsa Gouch, Elk Grove, CA Fri Oct 5, 2007

Answers

7
There were 22 closed sales reported for homes with exactly 4 bedrooms and exactly 3 full baths in the Elk Grove 95758 zip code in the past 3 months. I eliminated sales reported as fixers, repos and short sales. The remaining count was 15

Average square feet for the 15 sales was 2,316 average price per square foot was $182

Sold Price per square foot ranged from a low of $130 per square foot to a high of $222 per square foot . These were both over 3,000 square feet, thus they are statistical anomalies (also known as outliers in statistical analysis.)

For homes under 2500 square feet the high per square foot was $208 and the low was $157 per square foot .

Average 75 days on market for the 15 that sold .

Of the 15 the High was $747,999 the Low $285,000 the Median was $402,900 The average sale price was $419,227 and the average sale price to final list price ratio was 98%

The square footages reported ranged from a low of 1675 square feet to a high of 3,535.

When you view the wide range of square footages and final sales prices it becomes obvious why all that have answered you have explained that much more information is needed about the specific home or home shopping criteria

If you wanted the value of your automobile you probably would not ask "What is the market price for a four door car with four wheels and an engine?"
Jim Walker, Real Estate Pro in Carmichael, CA
There are a number of factors that will determine the value of a home. Square footage being the most important, but also condition, location, age-is it outdated, shake roof, etc. We have a very high inventory of active listings in the Elk Grove area currently and only about 10-12% are actually selling. Our prices are dropping monthly still, with this being driven by the REO's (Bank Owned) and Short Sales. We currently have 4 bedroom, 3 ball homes ranging from $360,000 - $700,000 listed. To give you a true value of your home, I would need information on your home; address, square footage, any upgrades you have recently done that would not be in the County records. I can then prepare a Market Analysis and either drop it by your home or email it to you. You can send me an email at Lori@ModeandDurhaM.com.
Hi Shamsa,

Trulia currently shows 226 4-bed, 3-bath homes in Elk Grove. You can see those listings if you access the link below and you can refine your search criteria using the filters on the left side of the page to check prices of homes with the features you want.

I hope this helps you.

Best Wishes,

Emily Gibson
Customer Service Representative
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Oct 5, 2007
did you look on metrolist?
http://www.metrolistmls.com/
and / or
http://www.zillow.com/
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 12, 2008
Hi Lori. Welcome to Trulia Voices. Your answer is right on the money. I have watched the rise of REO and short sale listings over the past 6 months. Not a pretty picture right now.
Web Reference: http://www.go2kw.com
Ute Ferdig -…, Real Estate Pro in New Castle, DE
Are you looking to buy or to sell? We need more information here.

It depends on the property, location, neighborhood, amenities and upgrades.
Pam Winterba…, Real Estate Pro in Danville, VA
Hmm...well that depends on a lot of factors. Neighborhood, square footage, features, amenities, and more. If you want to shoot me an email (just click my profile) with more information and ideally your address, I would be happy to do a market analysis for you.

I just took a listing in Elk Grove on a 4bd / 2.5ba house of about 2000sf that will not hit the market officially until the end of the month. 2 years ago the property appraised at nearly $500k...we have listed the property just under $400k. As I am sure you know, there is a LOT of inventory in Elk Grove right now...
Web Reference: http://www.SacREBlog.com
Erin Stumpf…, Real Estate Pro in Sacramento, CA