Market Conditions in Argay>Question Details

hainguyen503, Home Buyer in Portland, OR

what is the lowest price I can offer for this home?

Asked by hainguyen503, Portland, OR Tue Jun 10, 2014

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/property/3157875920-4204-NE-130th-Pl-P…

Answers

5
Yes you can offer whatever you want, but most sellers are offended if you offer less than 90% of asking price.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 16, 2014
The good news is that, as a buyer, you can offer whatever price you want. If you want the seller's to take your offer seriously, it is best to know what price point other homes in the area are selling for and that requires research.

The reason why many people choose to work with a knowledgeable realtor is to help negotiate and get the property under contract.

Another way to look at the home buying experience, is to ask yourself - at what price will the seller agree to sell his or her property to me?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jun 12, 2014
Meet with a Realtor and have them do a comparative market analysis on the home and provide you with the market conditions. That will help you determine a fair price to offer.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jun 11, 2014
If your interest in the property is high, not sure why such a question with an address, is posted for all other potential buyers to see. In order to determine a fair offer review a cma, comparative market analysis with your agent, see what the data suggests and go from there. Be mindful that if a property is listed on target, or slightly below multiple offers may occur....
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jun 11, 2014
Hainguyen,
Zero would be the lowest possible offer, but it wouldn't be successful. Finding the right strategy for an offer depends on a lot of different circumstances. How motivated is the seller? How many other similar homes are on the market? How long has it been on the market? Have they had any price drops? Are others offering on the home?
These are just a few questions that must be at least asked before you can make a successful offer on any house. Now, if you say, "I have $X.00 available and it's less than this. I can't spend any more." you can always find an agent to just make the offer and find out.
No one here knows the answers to the questions I asked or what the seller may accept. Find a great local agent to help you get the answers necessary and see what you can do.