frankheitlin…, Home Buyer in New Bern, NC

what is the average time in the market to be sold?

Asked by frankheitlinger, New Bern, NC Sat Apr 20, 2013

Answers

4
Lee Ann Fordyce’s answer
over the past 365 days the average days on market in the New Bern area MLS has been 199. Since January 1 it's been 202. I see that you live in the "Brices Creek" area of our MLS and that your home has a tax value of $181,000. Over the past 365 days homes in your vicinity, priced between $175,000 and $200,000 have been on the market an average of 237 days. How else can I help you?
Does the MLS give you the Standard Deviation for time on market as well?
Flag Tue Jun 4, 2013
Average days on market right are at approximately 205. Where you are located and the price range your home is in will move that number one way or the other, as well as the condition of your home. There's plenty of competition in most price points.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 20, 2013
Average time varies by exact location, pricing, condition, schools, etc.; therefore if looking to sell, invite a few local agents and ask for a cma, comparative market analysis, review the data, ask opinions and go from there....
Avg days on the market has many factors. Location and price being the main drivng points for buyers. Looking at the entire MLS and all price ranges, the avg days on the market is approx 6 month. If you let me know your location, I can narrow down the data and give you a better answer.