Market Conditions in Galway>Question Details

cmwhog, Home Owner in Galway, NY

what is the average price for land in Galway, NY?

Asked by cmwhog, Galway, NY Tue Apr 16, 2013

Roberts answer is very good as it takes actual sales figures over the last year to generate a very educated valuation, However I also agree that a land value will be in line with it's "best use", location, etc. If the average is what you are looking for, then the average is 5,614.13 at 13 acres, However... If you want to know exactly what your land is worth... Please contact me and I would love to walk the property and see exactly the location and what it could be used for!
Here is my contact information
Dennis Evans
According to the Multiple Listing Service, there has been a total of 11 vacant land parcels to sell in the Galway School District in the last year. The price per acre will vary greatly depending on how much land is being sold, where in the School District it is located, and its features. The low price per acre was a 37+ acre parcel that SOLD on Wileytown Rd in July 2012 for $1,615.07 per acre. The highest price parcel was a 1 acre lot on Faber rd which sold for $9,615.38 per acre. After averaging out all recorded sales the average price per acre is $5,614.13 and the average lot size is 13.107 acres.

Hope this helps!

Robert W. Gordon
Associate Broker, ABR, CBR, SRES, ePro, SFR
Inglenook Realty, Inc.
1525 St. Hwy. 29 Suite B
Galway, NY 12074
(518)852-4408 - Direct
Of course the answer varies greatly with regards to where the land is located, its attributes, and the quality and use. I would estimate approximately $1,000 an acre.

Allison Bradley
Select Sothebys International Realty