f.ojeda, Home Buyer in San Antonio, TX

what is the average per square feet in San Antonio?

Asked by f.ojeda, San Antonio, TX Mon Apr 29, 2013

looking to buy a home but im wondering what the average is.

Answers

8
I would be happy to help you answer your questions about homes in San Antonio and surrounding areas. Email me at dianat@thehornco.com
Good morning Ojeda,

As you've already seen from previous agent's responses, it certainly won't do much good for you in determining what home to buy or what is a good purchase for a home you want to buy just by going by the entire city average by itself.

If you have a home you're interested in; please let us know what area or even neighborhood which would be better and we can certainly help pin point a better idea for you of what homes are going for.

have a blessed day,

Josh
Depending on your price range and area, it will range anywhere from $35 per square foot, up to $250 per square foot. Need just a bit more info. :)

I can pull you a lot better stats depending on what your needs and wants are.

Jason
Not an easy - one answer - question. Depends on the area, age, amenities and condition of the home. Values range from $60/sqft - $250/sqft. Ask your Realtor to do a market analysis in the area that appeals to you and that you want to be in. Neighborhoods vary allowing you to spend as much or as little as you want on a home.

Sue
San Antonio is a big city, hard to tell what the "average square footage" is until we break it down by area. Give me a call and I can gather more information from you to better assist you. I invite you to visit my website that has my contact number/email and other useful information....deb.bluefaxrealty.com
Depending on where you live can greatly affect the value of your home if you are either buying or renting. If you are considering buying a home in Alamo Heights section of San Antonio, the average cost per square footage is $190 with an average home size of 2800 sq.ft. In Leon Valley the average cost per square footage is $75 with an average home size of 2100 sq.ft. If you wanted to live in Hollywood Park, then the average cost per square footage is $125 with an average home size of 3200 sq.ft. All this is based on sales in the last year.
It would be best if you could identify an area that your interested in then as an agent we could better help you.
The $$/sqft is just one statistic that we look at; and not meaningful by itself:
You want to compare shacks with mansions, 600 sqft hovels with 5,000 sqft luxury houses, and you want do it all over San Antonio.
I can guess that the figure ranges from $50/sqft to $500/sqft without looking.