Harish, Both Buyer and Seller in Aurora, IL

what is the average ask to sell price ratio in Algonquin, IL area in 2008?

Asked by Harish, Aurora, IL Tue Jun 24, 2008

Also price per sq ft would be nice...for some nicer subdivisions like the Coves

Answers

3
Hi, the ask to sell ratio has change over the last year. Much of this depends on where the home is priced. A home the is priced extremly well will sell quickly and many chances very close to asking (95%+).
I personally live in Algonquin, just a subdivision over from the Coves. I would be happy to help you gather any information you may need or help you determine if this is the area you are most interested in.
In addition, I have a great tool on my website, Market Snapshot. You can get free montly market updates and it will include recent solds, actives as well as other information such as Community and School information.
Feel free to visit anytime, it takes less than 2 seconds to fill out the form and you can have the report in minutes. Also, don't hesitate to call or email me anytime, I would be happy to help you find a great home in the Algonquin and surrounding areas.
Harish,Right now the average, and I mean average (every transaction brings on new dimensions) ask to sell price ration is about 3% for a fair market value asking price. Example: someone is asking $200,000 for their property they might finally end up after negotiations are all said and done at about $194,000. However if a home is overpriced it will not appraise out and buyers will negotiate as low as the lowest comparable home in the neighborhood. Keep in mind that now foreclosed/short sale homes come into the mix when it comes to appraisels. So even if your home is in super condition and not in a short sale status the buyers mortgage company will compare it to others in the neighborhood and not give out a loan if it is overpriced for a particular area. Does that make sense? Let me know if you need more information or actual statistics. - Renee Pflanz 847-854-3436
Harish,

Email Mark.E.Roncone@gmail.com your question.....he will be able to assist you:)

Tino