Phil, Home Buyer in Grover Beach, CA

what is happening in the real estate market in oxnard?

Asked by Phil, Grover Beach, CA Tue Apr 24, 2012

Answers

4
Phil – That is kind of a loaded question, as homes in Oxnard can vary in price from as low as $100K to as high as $20M. What price point are you interested in? If you give me a call I may be able to answer your questions about Oxnard’s Real Estate Market. 805-471-0828 David@Dnorwood.com
Web Reference: http://dnorwood.com
Days on market for all the Oxnard MLS regions are down considerably to 74 last month. Median prices seem to be firming but there have been monthly spikes and retreats since 2008 so it's difficult to say for certain if there is a trend developing. For example, March was $312,450 and the two months before that were $275,000. That would seem to be good news for sellers and, perhaps, less good news for buyers but this same kind of short-term trends have been seen before.

Though I have access to the data through one of the two MLS systems I use, I do not work the Oxnard market and can not help you to translate the data. I would suggest getting you own qualified agent to provide guidance and advice. If you're thinking of buying, get an EBA who represents buyers like you exclusively. If you have a property you're considering selling you need a competent listing agent. Ask for recommendations from friends and family. Or, if you prefer, I'd be happy to do some research for you and recommend someone.
I have no idea what is happening in oxnard. Sorry!
Most single family homes in the 220-250k range are selling like fire.