Nancy Rich, Home Buyer in Boca Raton, FL

what is an up and coming area in DC? One that would be on the less expensive side but one that is improving.

Asked by Nancy Rich, Boca Raton, FL Wed Jun 26, 2013

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/property/3113040577-5115-D-St-SE-Washi…

Answers

8
Congress Heights DC zip code 20032 is one if not probably the least expensive of the DC Subdivisions. Check out these stats to find out what I am talking about:

No DC Real Estate Market has experienced quite an increase in value. If you want a more in depth Congress Heights DC Real Estate Market Report,please don't hesitate to e-mail me at DChomesforsale@gmail..com. Or go to one of my websites at http://www.freelistofhomesforsale.com
Great question Nancy,

I see you were looking at a property in Marshall Heights DC in the $300k price range. You have many options in the city, however the monthly payment you are comfortable with will determine the best location. For instance if you are approved for $300,000 you may want to explore the Fort Totten/Brookland/Michigan Park area which is undergoing a lot of development. A new urban based Walmart is being built in the area along with a new Arts Center. Also, the SW waterfront is incredible however you can find more affordable property in Anacostia which is near the SW waterfront and is near the new Homeland Security campus.

If we area able to get you approved for $400k+, then we can explore some areas such as the Atlas District. If you are looking $500k+, then we can explore many other areas such as Petworth which is rapidly changing. The beauty of Washington DC is the entire city is undergoing continuing revitalization. We can find something that will suit you perfectly. Feel free to ask me any additional questions.

Tony Taylor
DC Real Estate Guy
"Your Friendly Neighborhood Expert"

202.520.1819
tony@dcrealestateguy.com
This is a great question that should be asked at least every 6 months because the DC market is so fast paced! and new and hot areas are constantly emerging. I love reading what other Realtors are saying about the market too. You should find a Realtor who is prepared to be your advocate - to really help you find that great deal - and then you need to communicate your wants, needs, and interests - where are you working? how far away are you willing to live? what are your interests- hiking, boating, restaurants, nightlife, museums? what is your comfort range for price? Some areas have gone up but still have more potential but others are less expensive with the same potential. I recently wrote a blog about how you need to take a few weeks to familiarize yourself with the market - it is sort of like the "dating stage" in high school - you won't fall in love but you will try on different options of neighborhoods, home styles, and price ranges.
http://activerain.com/blogsview/3765702/it-is-high-school-fi…

I love Eckington, LeDroit Park, and anywhere in SW around Nationals Park. There is a coop building- Tiber Island, for instance - which I love and is very very well priced! I think the SW waterfront will be a great growth community for the next few years! Happy hunting - and I would be glad to talk with you off line.
Hi Nancy,

The directions I would head in are South and East of downtown. Of course, "less expensive" and "up and coming" are both relative terms so it depends on what you mean and what you are looking for exactly. However, in general, I think Southwest is a relatively less expensive area in which to purchase and once the waterfront development projects there are completed, it should increase property values and be a booming area. There are still some great properties in that location but it really depends on what you are interested in.

Other areas that are very hot right now are East of the Dupont-Logan-Shaw neighborhoods toward Bloomingdale, Truxton, Petworth, and further East beyond North Capitol Street to Eckington, Brookland, and beyond. I would be glad to speak with you some more about your interests and would welcome the opportunity to help in any way I can. Email me at waynej@kw.com or call me at 202-494-0714.

Wayne Johnson
REALTOR
Keller Williams Capital Properties
We are so fortunate in the DC area - so many choices. Don't let anyone tell you that you're priced out of the market, for there is a wide array of possiblilities - in all 4 quadrants. It seems you'd benefit from a tour of some of our various areas!
Hi Nancy,

First we should consider your purpose and budget. Are you investing for rentals? Or are you looking for a modestly priced home to live in? Many of my younger first time homebuyers looking for Single Family Homes are priced out of most areas in NW like Petworth, Adams Morgan and U Street and are making there way into areas of NE like Kingman Park, Old City, Deanwood, Trinidad and even sweet little pockets of SE. Some of these are actually awesome areas to invest in especially along metro rail/bus routes. I've actually lived in the NE Kingman Park area for 10 years and a house in my immediate area recently sold for $500,000.

I'm also an investor. Feel free to give me a call/email to pick my brain before you make your move.

Talk soon!

Katrina

____________________

Katrina Hill
REALTOR®
Washington, DC

Central Properties, LLC
1353 V Street, NW
Washington, DC 20009
Cell/Text: 202.409.8334
Katrina.a.Hill@gmail.com
KHill@cpredc.com
http://www.CentralPropertiesDC.com

K. Ann Decor & Design Homes
Home Staging
http://www.KAnnDecor.com
Hi Nancy
the growth is occurring east of Rock Creek. Petworth for example is booming, as is the waterfront in SW. You might also consider the area around Union Market (http://unionmarketdc.com/ . Contact me if you want more specific suggestions that match your lifestyle and budgetary preferences.
Santiago
202-552-5624
testa@testarealestate.net
Hi Nancy! There are so many patches of up and coming areas in DC. What would you like to be near? Search a radius. for example, near your job or landmarks like the Capitol or the museums etc. Contact me and I will send listings to your email so you can see the homes. miekeba@heymannrealty.com