Market Conditions in 07030>Question Details

Ernast, Home Seller in 07030

what are the top ten agencies by sales in Hoboken for 2008?

Asked by Ernast, 07030 Fri Jul 24, 2009

can someone please tell me what are the best agencies in Hoboken, based on gross sales for 2008 and 2007 if possible?

Answers

5
Always remember agents sell houses not offices or agencies, look for individual track records and not agency track records.

Imagine this scenario, you list with the biggest baddest office in Hudson County.

But your agent within that company doesnt do a good job of marketing your listings...

Overpriced it,..........

You never heard from them,...........

Didnt educate you on the market,.........

The fact that they are with the best company in the world won't stop you from becoming an expired listing.

Instead of letting agents gloss you over with how many there company sells ask them

How many homes have the individual agents sold.

How many buyers is the individual agent currently working with.

What is the individual agents marketing plan.

A little secret in any agency 5% of the agents sell 80% of the homes.

Hope you found this helpful. Good Luck!
Web Reference: http://www.HomeInfoNj.com
Ernast,

The top offices in Hoboken are typically, Coldwell Banker, RE/MAX Gold Coast, Liberty Realty, Weichert, Hudson Place, Century 21, and Empire Realty.

As was previously stated though, there are a lot of ways to view statistics. My office, RE/MAXs sold 70 units in the 2nd quarter amongst it's 40 agents. Coldwell Banker sold 122 units but they had nearly twice the agents, 78 during the 2nd quarter. Liberty, who's agents often combines the statistics for their two Hoboken offices, will say they did 102 sales, however, their two offices had 176 agents in the 2nd quarter.

While the sales volume of an office is important there are other factors to take into account. Where are homes going to be advertised and marketed? What is the office key tagging policy? Does the office have someone dedicated to scheduling appointments or are appointments going to be made through the agent? What are the office hours for agents to pick-up keys? If the office is closed on the weekend what arrangements are made for weekend showings? What is the office's policy on continuing education? What percentage of listings actually sell? These are the things that really matter.

I hope this answers your question. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any additional assistance.

Andres Garcia
Sales Associate, CDPE
RE/MAX Gold Coast Realty
56 Newark Street
Hoboken, NJ 07030
Direct: 201 795-5200 x340
Andres@MileSquareRealty.com
http://www.MileSquareRealty.com
Ernast,
I agree with the others. The best agency would be the one who could add value to your transaction. We have top Neighborhood Specialists within Hoboken, I'd be glad to put the info you require together ASAP. I've attached my contact information, please dont hesitate to contact me with any questions you may have.
Charlene Nagel
Agent
Weichert Realtors
charlenetn2@yahoo.com
201-842-1279
Ernast, I agree with Ruth below. "Best" isn't rated by sales volume. In my experience as a home buyer, home seller, and now Realtor, I learned to define "best" by using the following criteria:
1. Attentiveness and responsiveness
2. Knowledge and experience
3. Track record
4. Reputation
5. Differential (what makes them different and better)

I work within a private real estate brokerage firm with two offices in Hoboken (Halliburton Homes), and we do a fair volume of sales per agent. We don't have as many agents as some of the well-known national franchises, and therefore not as many sales in total, but that's not really what matters when it comes to selling a home. Don't mean to sound like an ad, just giving you my expert opinion.

My personal list of top agencies in Hoboken only includes 3: Halliburton Homes, Hudson Place, Empire Realty.

When interviewing for an agency to partner up with for the sale of your home, or a purchase, make sure you interview BOTH the agency and the agent. Your best bet is a combination of a great agent within a great agency.

Good luck, and let me know if I can be of help.

Eric J. Diloné
Realtor Associate
HALLIBURTON HOMES : Redefining Great Service!
Direct: 646.387.8012
Office: 201.792.4300
eric@halliburtonhomes.com
I actually do have a list of agencies ranked by sales, as provided by the MLS. However gross sales volume does not equal best. There may be an agency with 100 agents and each makes one sale. Another agency might have 10 agents and they each make 5 sales. In such an example, who is the best,?

Interview agents, walk into offices, experience the level of service and decide which agent (and office) seems to be a good fit for you. Ask agents about their experience, their business plan, how many sales they have made, how long they have been in business. Interview them the way you would interview an employee.

Ruth Bonapace
Bank of America Home Loans
Hoboken, NJ
ruthbonapace@gmail.com