Mike Novielli, Home Buyer in socal

what are the constructions costs per sq ft for a higher end residence (5,000 sq ft) in rancho santa fe or OC?

Asked by Mike Novielli, socal Mon Sep 15, 2008

newport coast, california?

Answers

4
Hi Mike,

$300-500 per sq. ft. and up! It's generally a better deal to buy than to build right now. There are so many upgrades for materials that add up quickly. My husband is a general contractor but he can't compete with the cost of existing houses.

Diane Conaway, RE/MAX United, (760) 749-2888
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 15, 2008
Hi Mike

I have been in home building business for the last 30 years, I have A and B contractor licenses and also I am a professional engineer as well as a Real Estate broker. I have designed, built and sold homes for the last 20 years for myself and for my clients. There is no single answer. It depends on what you like to build. It might cost between 200 to 500 or even higher, the construction cost has two major components. The first relates to the lot that you have. Is it ready to go? do you need to grade it and cut the pad? In the area that you are might even need septic approval. The second component is the vertical construction which deals with the house itself and in this case it all depends on you, your architect and the team that you put together to do the project. If you need help send me an email to mkz@topcarealestate.com
I was working with a buyer that considered buying a lot in Cielo (a gated part of Rancho Santa Fe) to build a house. During the process I came across a contractor that would build a 4500 sqft home for around $250 per sqft. I checked some of the houses he claimed he built and they were nice.
Web Reference: http://www.877homes.com/
Mike:
Mike:
Great question--with a multitude of answers. Everything is based on location, location, in looking at the Rancho Santa Fe community, being in the covenant of this community is consider to be the best---Orange County has the same situation -- some area are highly desirable and the cost per square footage can vary greatly.
So, giving you a range would be inaccurate @ this time due to the many variables. Does the location have a view, size of lot, etc.

Crescent Moon Realty, Inc & Land N Sea Auctions.
ldksellssd@yahoo.com