Market Conditions in Omaha>Question Details

Gdharris22, Both Buyer and Seller in Detroit, MI

what are the average days on market for omaha, nebraska?

Asked by Gdharris22, Detroit, MI Fri May 13, 2011

Answers

6
I have my home for sale and the basement is dated with paneling that has been painted and does look better than what it did. My home has been on the market for 68 days now and is priced to sell but not seeing any offers. Would you recommend me putting more money into the home or do you feel that I would not get my investment back?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 21, 2013
Average days on the market varies based on the following factors:
Location
Neighbohood
Price range
New construction/Existing Home
I recently performed a market analysis on a home in a high-demand area and the average market time for the past 12 months was 29 days. I also recently performed a market analysis on a home in a neighborhood of less demand and the the average market time for the past 12 months was 105 days. According to the Omaha area multiple listing service the average market time for the entire metropolitan Omaha area for existing homes was 78 days.
I hope this helps. If you have any specific questions please contact me direct.
John Lorkovic, Keller Williams Realty, 402-598-4287, JLork@inbox.com
This seems to be slowly increasing. Within my neighborhood, it has definitely increased since Spring.
Gdharris22,

Although I can't attest to what is average in Omaha, I can say in Lincoln, a safe estimate is 90 days. (Many do sell sooner than that, but I would say that's average.)

The five things that make this happen are - Price, Condition, Location, Marketing, and the agent you choose.

Even if just one of those things aren't right, it will take longer to sell, or it may not sell at all.
The average would be about 70 days.
That is every price range lumped together. There is a difference depending on price and catagory.
Also does not take into consideration prior list time for properties relisted.

Contact me for more specific information

Billlie Atkinson
402/212-3373
batkinson@npdodge.com
There is no exact answer available. The statistics you may see for Days on the Market are not accurate because we can only tell the days on the market for a house that is currently listed.

In other words, if a house was listed previously for 120 days, for instance, and then re-listed by another company and sells in 14 days, the time goes back to zero, andthe Days on Market would show 14 days which is not a true picture. The only way to get a true average would be to do a hand search.

Different home price ranges have different average market times. A home in the $100,000 range generally would not take as long to sell as a $500,000 home.

A full-time, experienced Realtor should be able to give you an "educated guess" based on your area, price range, condition, etc. Hope this helps.
Beth Lube