Richard, Home Buyer in Longwood, FL

what are condos selling for in the longwood , wekiva area , what is the difference in price between a lower unit and an upper?

Asked by Richard, Longwood, FL Thu Feb 3, 2011

Answers

4
Hi Richard:
I am in Longwood and have lived in Longwood for 23 years so I am very familiar with the homes in the area. The condo market ranges from $25,000 on Oak Place for a 1/1 off of Wekiva Springs Road to $295,000 in The Springs for a 4/3. As Louise mentioned in a previous answer, the main thing to be aware of is the HOA and that their reserves are on target. What we are seeing is that the HOA's (be it for condo's or single family homes) are behind in their reserves due to the short sales and foreclosures in the complex. Therefore they are assigning special assessments to the owners to make up for the reserves. The best advice that I can give you is to hire a Realtor that can assess the condo community and the HOA for you. Hope this helps. If I can be of further assistance, please contact me. Lynne Breckon 407-921-3763
Depends.

If I can help you find the value please call.

I am in Altamonte Springs
352-978-4539
Hi Richard-- Condos run from $20,000-$175,000 currently in the MLS in Longwood. The lower end units would be REO (bank owned) properties in varying degrees of repair/updating. Here is a link that shows you all of them (or you can visit my website and put in Longwood-Condo, maybe sign up for automatic updates as new ones come on the market http://www.FloridaMoves.com/Louise.Warring ):

http://mfr.mlxchange.com/Pub/EmailView.asp?r=330035325&s… (this link will last a week or so, after that, us my website to see current homes on the market)

My best advice if you're looking for a condo is to check out the health of the condo association. Make sure they have enough in reserves to take care of the maintenance, etc., that they've obligated themselves for in the association docs. Also, if you're getting a mortgage, check out in advance whether the building is eligible for mortgage money--many condos cannot qualify for an FHA mortgage or conventional mortgage.

Best of luck in your search--If I can be of any help, please give me a call. I'd love to help you find a great home (or investment property) in the area.

Happy House Hunting!
Louise Warring
Coldwell Banker Residential Real Estate
407-924-9399
Lower get a little bit more - depending. I am in Altamonte Springs and work the area. If I can help you find the value happy to help cost nothing.

John

352-978-4539