Patricia Jor…, Home Buyer in Arnold, CA

what are HOA dues?

Asked by Patricia Jordan, Arnold, CA Wed Dec 12, 2012

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/property/3012641327-52186-Rosewood-Ln-…

Answers

9
An HOA is made of 3-5 people in the neighborhood who somehow decide its time to go into politics. Then they get power hungry and want things no one else wants but they want to show they can shift their weight around so your dues begin to double. They never go down. There is a lot more to it but for the most part, this is what HOA dues is really about. I could go into developer this and city or county that. I would rather not sugar coat it. If you live in an HOA vote for someone who has no need to be a leader. Be careful of who you vote for. Keep in mind each time you change people in the HOA you risk raising your dues.

Harold Sharpe - Broker
So Cal Homes
(951) 821-8211
harold@homelaquinta.com
http://www.homelaquinta.com
California Department of Real Estate Broker License # 01312992
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 24, 2012
In Florida, aka 'Condo Commandos', much like the ones that took out Uncle Osama bin Laden.

Scott Miller
Realty Associates
Boca Raton, FL
Here is an article on HOA dues...
If you are buying a property like a condo in a larger building or a townhouse, or a single family home in a certain subdivision or gated community, someone is taking care of the grounds, the roads, the street lights, snow removal, landscaping and in many cases more than that sometimes they have tennis courts, swimming pool, or the outside maintenance of homes is also included, for certain
condo buildings depending on how they are heated, the heat may also be included.....

So when their is an Association, i.e. Homeowners Association, and there is a fee then before signing
a sales contract you should be allowed to preview the association documents, and find out exactly the financial standing of the association, and what your monthly fees currently include and if any
raises are expected in the near future.

So work with a local, experienced Realtor on your side, your Buyers Agent, if you need referrals
let us know. By the way a Buyers agent is usually paid by the Seller's side at the closing, so there is
no cost to you, except you must commit to ONE Realtor and be absolute loyal to that one Realtor
your personal buyers Agent, your one stop resource for all that is real estate related.

Good Luck to you

Hope this helps...

Most Sincerely yours,
Edith YourRealtor4Life and your Chicago and Northern Illinois and RElocation Expert
Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients at @Properties North Shore
Edith speaks French, German, Spanish & more
Get to know Edith and her Service her website is
http://tinyurl.com/YourRealtor4Life
EdithDoesItRight@yahoo.com
Edith is correct, Realtors spend a lot of time and money on you without any upfront costs on your part. They depend on your loyalty. If you are seeing a property just by chance, you want to mention right upfront that you are currently working with a Realtor, otherwise, they can be sidestepped and everything they have done for you is now a complete expense to them. Try to remain faithful to the Realtor that is helping you find your new home.
Flag Sun Oct 20, 2013
HOA dues are a fee charged by the "Homeowners Association" for keeping up the common areas within a development. . .usually a gated community.

Please let me know if I can be of further help!

Don Torigian
(760)899-1086
Agent at Keller Williams Realty
I see you are asking about Codiniz. In that community you are going to see a lower free, with it is pool spa, tennis, workout rooms, out door fire place, BBQ, Gated entrance and structure insurance covered by the association

Please call me if you have further questions or would like to see the home

Karl W Detlefsen
760-396-8135
Hello, They are $255.00.
HOA dues can cover a variety of things, and in each Association it is a bit different. They could include security at the entrance, landscaping for the yard, keeping community pools clean and in great working condition, cable (usually basic) TV, insurance on the roof and sometimes structure, garbage can be included.

These should be verified as each community is so different. If you are asking about a specific community, or communities, let me know which and I will tell you what you get out of the HOA dues.

As I tell my clients, it is not so much how much is the HOA fee, it is more what does that fee pay for.

I hope that this helps you some.
Hi Patricia,
Why don't you call the listing agent who's number is on the Trulia listing page to find out the amount of HOA dues as he can also provide any other information about the property.
His number is: (760) 578-1503.

Good luck to you!

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty