Ann, Other/Just Looking in Houston, TX

we lost our reitrement home o n crystal beach, bolivar peninsula from Ike. we have been looking at condos on

Asked by Ann, Houston, TX Sun Jan 18, 2009

east beach either to lease with the option to buy until all our insurance money comes in. we are presently in a one bedroom apt in houston - i would like to get down to galveston in the meantime with a lease to buy. what are the prices going for and do you think they will be going down in the next few months and it would be best to stay put til then - we looked at palisades and emerald both of which we were impressed with. we had a beachfront house and were spoiled - the beachfront condos we liked were $600,000 and up. Do you think if we wait that those prices may drop abit because of the economy?? Ann

Answers

8
Ann,
I totally understand what you went thru, I rode the storm out myself at home in Galveston and lost just about everything. I know of some great properties on Galveston and near the water. I have a new construction in Jamaica beach that is gorgeous. Let me know if I can help.
Lee in Galveston.
Web Reference: http://www.leedeforkejr.com
Hi Ann - so sorry about your loss. I own a fully furnished two bedroom condo at the Emerald that is currently not leased. I am not currently interested in selling this condo but I would be very interested in discussing a very reasonable six month lease with you. Check out my website.
http://www.galvestontxcondorental.com/
I would be interested in working with you during your transition period. This at least would get you back in Galveston lifestyle and put you in a place where you could more closely monitor the market. This would also give me time to decide if I am interested in short term or long term rentals for this condo.
Joe Z
Hi Ann,

Have you found a condo that meets your needs? I know of a couple of good deals at the Ocean Grove and the Emerald. If you haven't found what you are looking for yet, I can send you information on these units.
Web Reference: http://Nicki.GaryGreene.com
Ann, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Please contact me for more options to explore and help Bring Crystal Beach Back!!! It is coming back stronger than ever!!! Wouldn't you love to be a part of this??? contact me @ shawn@kilgoreconstruction.com We are a family owned company that are homeowners on the Bolivar Peninsula as well!!! I look forward to hearing from you!!!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 3, 2009
Ann,
If you are serious, I am aware of a unit at Emerald that the owner will consider a lease/purchase or possibly owner financing.
Ann, our pricing will probably not go down. We've experienced the busiest "high season" here in Galveston than we've had for the past 5 years. I would not expect pricing to go down, we've most likely experienced the lowest, things will go up from here. My best advice to you is if you're interested in a lease to buy situation, try looking into owner finance, and a straight lease until you get your financing in order for your next purchase. If I can help answer any more questions, feel free to email me. Good luck, and Take care! Lorna~
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 12, 2009
Take a look at Tiki Island right now. There is huge stock for sale and some juicy foreclosure deals. It's not like Crystal Beach in that it is now mostly people with second homes who like McMansions rather than beach shacks but it is easier to get to from Houston than anything on the West End or across the ferry but still has that far away, not in town anymore feeling. Lots of people who might otherwise have to foreclose might consider lease option. I'm going to put my place up for sale sometime soon (I will tell you they KILL you with the property taxes and insurance ain't cheap, but you probably know this from Bolivar) but it is probably smaller than what you are looking for.
Hi Ann,

I am so sorry for your loss. I do not think the Palisade or Emerald will come down because those properties were sold when real estate was at its highest prices. There are other residences on the beach that are selling for less. Please contact me and I will acquaint you with some other less expensive but nice condos.