Market Conditions in 08826>Question Details

Ross, Other/Just Looking in Hope, NJ

sq ft price to build 3500 sq ft home nw nj

Asked by Ross, Hope, NJ Sun Jul 18, 2010

Answers

2
$100-$200 per square foot for a nice Colonial with the usual trappings. $150 would be typical.

-Marc

Marc Paolella
Relocation Director/Appraiser
Century 21 Joe Tekula Realtors
Phone (direct): (973) 584-4235
Coolest map-based home search: http://www.marcpaolella.com
That depends on a lot of variable. However, I will say this. You will save a significant amount and headache building modular as opposed to stick. Anywhere from 25$-40$ a square foot. Obviously, the price goes up as you get more luxurious with finishes and materials. Site work plays a factor as well. Out where you are the septic and well come into play. However assuming all you have to do is build a house and everything else is squares away, it is not unreasonable to assume it could cost you about $100/ft to build the home assuming modest finishes. I am basing this on my experience in construction coupled with what many of my builder clients are doing right now. If you wanted a better idea, I would need some more information as there are lot of particulars that come into play. I hope that helps in the meantime.