Market Conditions in Hilo>Question Details

rkyn1221, Home Seller in Hilo, HI

selling conditions

Asked by rkyn1221, Hilo, HI Thu Jun 7, 2012

Answers

2
Dear rkyn1221,
I believe the market in Hilo is gaining strength as it is in most of Hawaii. There is still a share of REOs (bank-owned) and short sale properties which tend to pull the values down a notch but over-all the market is inching upward. If you are trying to sell then it’s best to insure that your property shows well and is not in a fixer-upper condition. It would be best to engage a local Realtor to have them rate and judge what has to be done to put your place on the market for a quick sale. If your property is in decent condition, priced aggressively, the neighborhood is appealing, and the home doesn’t have seriously negative factors, it should sell at market value within 6 months. Buyers who are pre-qualified with their lender are scrambling to purchase the best properties and there is active competition amongst buyers for those prime homes.
As a Realtor who has lived and worked in the Hilo area for the last 10 years I can be of utmost help for buyers and sellers who are interviewing for their sole agent. I am born and raised in Hawaii (Honolulu), have attended Punahou and UH Manoa (degree in Biology with minor in Real-Estate Appraisal and Marketing), and I am positive, pro-active and forward thinking in my Real Estate activities. Please consider me if you are a Buyer or Seller who is looking for that intuitive Realtor to help you purchase or sell your Hawaii property. Please contact me: JJ Jasinski, Realtor at Clark Realty Corp. Hilo,
(808) 985-9030, or email: jjonhawaii@yahoo.com
Mahalo and Aloha! JJ
Aloha:
My name is Mike Gallagher and I own my own Brokerage. Market conditions in Hilo are probably very similar to Oahu and the rest of Hawaii in general. The Market for Sellers currently is not all that good as in most cases throughout Hawaii there is severe lack of inventory due to restricted amount of New Listings coming onto the Market for the past several years. Often there is less than 4 months of inventory anywhere which makes it a Buyers Market.
I can neither say the Market is going to up or down. For right now and for the past six+ months everything is flat-line: Inventory, Sales, New Listings, Average Sold Prices, etc. I believe this is going to continue for the next five years at a minimum if not closer to ten. The Economy is struggling along and it is going to take some innovative approaches to taxation and job creation to get us all out this mess. Here in Hawaii Abercrombie's first year as Govenor shows us in Hawaii the G.D.P. went down his first year in office by -.02%.
If you are going to sell, it depends upon your individual circumstances than timing right now.
For more information please visit my website at http://www.hawaiirealestatstatistics.com

I wish you much Aloha,
Mike Gallagher, Mike Gallagher Real Estate, Inc.