Market Conditions in 06831>Question Details

Val, Home Buyer in 06831

Question removed

Asked by Val, 06831 Sat May 19, 2012

This question was removed by its author.

Answers

11
As mentioned in previous emails, a pool or sport ct doesn't necessarily add value to the home, except if a prospective buyer is looking for these extras, then it will be there and it will be easier for the buyer than going through the building and planning process which involves alot of work.
If you and your family will benefit from it for the 5 years, then the investment will make sense.
Either option if based on what works for you and then resale is based on the needs and wants of the next buyer.

Hi Val,

If you put in the pool you could have yourself a summer rental opportunity. We all get lots of calls looking for a great summer rental in Greenwich. These are few and far between. If you spend part of the summer elsewhere, this might be a great way to recoup some of the cost.
Jay Cooke
Hi Val,

That's a tough question because both of them are features that a new home buyer may not want at all or may absolutely love. Some do not want the high maintenance of a pool and others may have wanted to put in a garden instead of having a sports court. Or someone may specifically be looking for a pool (which does happen more than sports courts). Also, they are both problematic if someone wishes to remove it, so you are looking at the possibility of less traffic when you are trying to sell if a potential buyer does not want these things. However, considering you will be occupying the home for some years, maybe your family would like those amenities. That of course is up to you and your family's preferences, and if you want to wade in a nice cool pool all summer long, go for the pool! And likewise, if your family are sports lovers, go for the court! It all comes down to personal preference and that will also be the case with buyers in the long term. Just be sure that whatever you decide to get, you keep it in top in anticipation of the resale. Good luck to you!

Cassandra Ritone
Keller Williams
860-595-2295
A Pool usually does not raise the price of a home. It increases Liability and insurance.
Any Financing questions ,I am here to assist. Scott Tortorici
914 720-3979.
Mike Ritzzo, MJM Construction llc.
Install the pool, everyone wants a pools,plus it adds value to your home. Any questions regarding pool installation or building please don't hesitate to call or email.
Congratulations and Good luck!
203-856-9713
michael.ritzzo@mjmhomes.com
If the question is truly a sports court or a pool, rather than updating kitchens, baths, or other amenities, then the answer is absolutely add the pool. I have never had a client ask me about a sports court.
Val: If your home is updated and in excellent condition and you are focusing strictly on your "return on pleasure"…definitely build a pool! Otherwise, I think your ROI would be better realized in 5 years by researching another vehicle for investment. Click on the link to read more…….http://www.realestateabc.com/homebuying/house.htm

Congrats on your new home!!!

Kim
Hi Val, congratulations on ur new home. My answer is this: if the house has a new kitchen, new baths, great hardwood floors and the roof and windows are energy efficient/new, then do the pool. If not, then work on modernizing the house and hedge your bet on the pool/no pool buyer dilemma. Almost all buyers want an up to date house long before a pool. Good luck
Susan Detchon Anderson
Web Reference: http://www.susanderson.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 19, 2012
For.me. I definitely go with the pool, particularly in mid-country. I often get requests for houses with pools, rarely has someone asked for a sports court. Do get requests for tennis courts, but not nearly as often as a pool.

Mark
Hi Val, About 1/3 of the people looking at a house want a pool, another 1/3 want to make sure they can put one in and the last 1/3 do not want anything to do with a pool. In all my 25 years I have only had one request for a "true" sports court. The subject of a pool comes up very often 2/3 of the time. I would go for the pool.

Good luck with your new house

Nancy
Hi Val,
I suggest that you construct whatever your family will enjoy most whether it be a pool or sports court.

I don't believe that one has a much greater value over the other monetary-wise but both are amenities that will add value to the property.

Good luck to you!

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty