nubby, Home Buyer in Tyngsboro, MA

pay $20k more for similar properties that sold last year in august and november?

Asked by nubby, Tyngsboro, MA Tue Apr 1, 2014

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/property/3147332480-15-Cannongate-Rd-3…

Answers

6
I trust you are not comparing 'sold' prices to 'list' prices.

If you are comparing sold prices of 2013 to sold prices of 2014, then you do know what is happening.
Your question needs to be, "Can I afford to wait until 2015?"

Or, "Where are the 'real' buys in Tyngsboro, Ma today?"

In either case, picking up the phone and calling a local REALTOR will be a great first step in interpreting the reliable data a professional has available.
The market values have since gone up since last year which is great for the current market conditions.

They are expected to go up another 2.5% this year.

I've noticed a larger increase in condo prices as well. Hopefully this is a sign that the market is bouncing back. Yes, it is not great for first-time buyers but for those with existing mortgages with property values that have tanked in the past, this is great news.
Units of the same size in that complex sold for $145,000 and $149,500 in 2013. Prices are going up so at $159,000 that doesn't seem like a large jump at all. Closer to Boston the price increases are far more dramatic - jaw-dropping in fact.
The property is worth what someone is willing to pay. If there are two or more people interested in the same property the price will be higher.

The demand has improved and good inventory is harder to find.
did you already put in an offer and having second thoughts or thinking about putting in an offer?. I will say that values have gone up a little but regardless you should pay/offer what you are comfortable paying for it. Also, keep in mind if they have done repairs/updates to the property. info@wenrealty.com
Web Reference: http://wenrealty.com
I'm not familiar with your market there, here in California our prices have certainly jumped up. When you are looking to justify a price, your best resource will be your real estate agent. They will be able give you recent sales on comparable properties.