igerber, Home Buyer in Waialua, HI

is this home overpriced?

Asked by igerber, Waialua, HI Wed Sep 26, 2012

This question was asked from http://www.trulia.com/property/3089629510-1650-Chestnut-Ave-…

Answers

5
They listed that home last year for 975k. We in the industry call that chasing the market down. Price right the first time.
With a market time now more than 100 days, buyers are saying the home is overpriced otherwise it would have sold by now. In 2011, the MLS showed the guest house as getting $1,400/m in rent.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 21, 2012
I would say the price is just a bit high. Olde Carlsbad has been hot lately. And then you add the guest home and it helps out the sales price.
the rental income is $1400./month-could ask for $100-200- more per month
Hello Igerber.. I mean aloha!
I d ran some comps for you and posted them on my website below for you. From an inital look I'd say YES it's over priced.. but it does have a guest house, so knowing the rent for the guest house would be critical. I've included a break down of the active, pending, and solds in the are ( and contingent which you should somewhat disregard)

You will find an in depth analysis ( a semi in depth one) regarding price per sq sales in the general area near the Carlsbad High School. Should you need more info use my website to see active homes that are on the list below or call me to email you the photos of the comps so you can compare apples to apples. Seems like there are great opportunties happening in this region , based on the comps.
CLICK HERE TO SEE MY ANALYSIS
http://carlsbadneighborhoods.com/2012/09/carlsbad-real-estat…
it's not really a "guest house" it has a separate address altogether-had 3 tenants since '06 renting for 1400/mo-could ask for more but a good tenant is worth their weight in gold-listing is in WRONG category-should be in multifamily...
Flag Fri Nov 9, 2012