Mike Mccarthy, Home Buyer in Tucson, AZ

is this area improving or declining?

Asked by Mike Mccarthy, Tucson, AZ Wed Dec 10, 2008

Answers

6
I know this is late but I want to set the record straight for anyone doing research in these areas. To clarify "Sprighet's" answer- Mt. Washington is NOT Shepherdsville. Mt. Washington, KY has the 40047 zip code while Shepherdsville, which is where "Sprighet" lives, is a completely separate town and it has the 40165 zip code.

Mt. Washington, KY is a resilient market and continues to appreciate at a modest clip. And, we don't have a problem with crime and drugs. On the contrary, we are an extremely safe and crime-free community (about as 'crime free' as possible that is). I did a little research on it and posted it to my blog- http://www.trulia.com/blog/BrettKennedy_MountWashingtonSpeci…
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon May 16, 2011
Great area. Still eligible for USDA financing and nice schools
Very stable area , market has been improving , bedroom community of Louisville, Ky
We moved to Mt. Washington 4 years ago and absolutely love it. The area we live in is quiet and very
peaceful and there are several homes with young children in our neighborhood. I have lived in
small towns that made me feel like an outsider because I wasn't from there. The people in
Mt. Washington have always been very nice to my family and made us feel welcome.
This area is full of drugs and drug addicts! It is not a good area to raise children! I know I live on this road, W. BlueLick.... It is terribly dangerous! I have regretted ever buying here in this area! I know we are now looking for a new home to buy, to get out of this drug infested area!!!!!
Mike - I noticed that you asked a couple of questions about the Mt Washington. This particular one is posted in Mt Washington, KY while the homes you asked about are in Mt Washington PA. On the chance that you are inquiring about the one in KY, I can tell you that the area is growing albeit slightly. While results differ from neighborhood to neighborhood, home values are up about 3% on average. I expect continued growth as there are still a lot of great bargains when compared to Louisville.

Feel free to call or email me to discuss this further.