Raymond Gibb, Home Buyer in glasgow scotland uk

is this a good time to inverst in the Florida property market we where thinking of buying a holiday home has?

Asked by Raymond Gibb, glasgow scotland uk Thu Apr 3, 2008

the market bottomed out yet, has it still further to drop ? I am not looking to flip this property as I am looking at the long term investment, we do not need rental income to fund the monthly outgoing's but it would help to cover cost's if it was available

Answers

1
Carol Wilsey’s answer
It depends on the area you choose, Raymond. But, prices have not been this low in ages (I have been in Florida for almost 20 years). And, of course, working with a good Broker who represents YOU is important, too. The old adage about LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION means much more than just the area of Florida, but the town, the community, the amenities, and the views. There is a lot to choose from, so having someone perform the due diligence for you will get you the most for your money. And, some markets, like Naples, are still holding their own in terms of volume and prices in certain neighborhoods. That is a good sign of a place strong enough to weather the storm!