kfrg38, Other/Just Looking in Port Charlotte, FL

is there town water and sewer in all sections of port charlotte if not can u tell me which ones do thanx kathy?

Asked by kfrg38, Port Charlotte, FL Sun Oct 28, 2012

Answers

6
Ed Gallio’s answer
Most areas of Port Charlotte will have county public water but a good amount will also have septic rather than public sewer. With proper maintenance it will be efficent and a fraction of the cost of public sewer. Septic should easily last 25 years or more. Some communities have a 'mini sewer' which is a pump system which brings the sewage from the home down to public sewer lines. In some communities the HOA covers the cost of maintenance. Home with the new 'aerobic' septic systems are by far the best if you can find them. Much more efficent, much cheaper to replace or repair.
How do I find out if my lot as city water and If a manufactured home is allowed on it?
202 Warrington
Flag Sun Jun 15, 2014
All the water in my neighborhood smell like turds just drink from the sewer and save on a filtration system
Kessel Holdings LLC

http://www.kesselholdings.com

571-330-3531
I would like to know if this address has sewers,2084 Haskel ST. Port Charlotte
The home at 2084 Haskel is currently leased. It has septic and not sewer.
Flag Fri May 9, 2014
KFRG,

As Tammy mentioned, not all sections of Port Charlotte have both water and sewer. Some sections have county water only and there are some sections that require well and septic. It would be nice if there was a map of these areas but unfortunately...

One way you can check if a property has water and sewer is to visit the county website, http://www.ccappraiser.com. Here you can search a property address and it will tell you the county utilities currently available. It is not always 100% accurate because public works adds new sewer lines, but you can always double check by calling the county utilities department at 941-764-4300.

It would be very difficult to list each neighborhood that has both water and sewer because only a few blocks can make a difference. However, it is much easier to describe areas with county water service and then use the above site to check sewer. Or I'd be happy to check any individual home for you.

In general, the areas with county water service is most parts of Port Charlotte south and east of Hwy 776 and (and a few neighborhoods the other side), the Gulf Coves parts of Englewood with PC mailing addresses. Other neighborhoods to consider that have both are Deep Creek (part of Punta Gorda), Rotonda on Cape Haze and the area south of O'Hara off Midway and most of South Gulf Cove. There are other areas but these are the easy to describe.

You can also visit the Port Charlotte section of our website and view the map that will show sections: http://www.suncoasteam.com/articles/75.html

Most of the descriptions will mention if the homes have these utilities, but I'd be happy to double check for you. Also, I can certainly run a report of homes with these services.

If you have questions please feel free to call or email.

Jim Mulligan
Suncoasteam Realty
941-235-7474
jim@suncoasteam.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 28, 2012
There are pockets of areas that have city water and sewer in Port Charlotte. Not necessarily a Port Charlotte Section name or #. I have city water and septic and my neighbors across the street from me have well and septic in Port Charlotte. I can run a search for you in the MLS based on your criteria and select only city water and sewer if that is what you prefer. You can contact me at tammyhayesre@gmail.com. I would be happy to answer any questions or send you a list of homes.

Tammy Hayes, Realtor
Green Lion Realty, Port Charlotte, FL
tammyhayesre@gmail.com