Market Conditions in 22039>Question Details

elc5, Real Estate Pro in Fairfax Station, VA

is the house saling or inventory far greater than need in 22039 area?

Asked by elc5, Fairfax Station, VA Mon Oct 24, 2011

my house was on market for a month, only 3 persons see the house, none give offer, the list price is just right and even a little lower than market value. It is so ...

Answers

3
I like to keep it simple! There are 3 keys to selling a home... Price, Presentation, and Marketing. If you have only had 3 people through your home, one or more of those keys is lacking. If you are marketing and selling your home on your own, why? If you were a dentist, you wouldn't operate on your own foot! Why would you try to sell your own home? If you are working with a licensed professional, your questions should be directed towards them. As many before me have stated, I'd be happy to give you assessment of your home if you are not currently listed with another brokerage firm.

John Astorino
Long & Foster Reators
Carol Hermandorfer & Associates
http://www.hermandorfer.com
703-898-5148
Web Reference: http://www.hermandorfer.com
Is your home listed with an agent? If so, review the marketing plan with them and see what is being done to get qualified purchasers in your home. Where is the home being marketed and how? If the price is just right or lower than market value that is certainly good though Fairfax Station offers many unique properties with unique lots and pricing can sometimes be more time consuming and should be reviewed constantly. Are you using a qualified, seasoned agent who is selling homes?

if your home is not listed with an agent..I would be curious to see how and why you think it is priced just right or even lower than market value. Many agents do not look inside the competition and without doing so..pricing can be really difficult! If there is anything I can do...let me know.

Kind Regards,

Erik J. Weisskopf, ABR,CDPE,CRS,GRI
Erik@AskMeAboutHomes.com
703.216.1222
The market has slowed down this Fall, but only having 3 people through the house makes me wonder if it is being marketed as effectively as it could be. If you would like to call me (or email) and give me your address I can give you my opinion of your listing and some points for ways to bring in more traffic. In general Fairfax Station is a highly desired area and I know many buyers are still looking for nice homes and watch that area closely. If you have your home listed with an agent, talk to him or her about other ways to market it. If you are advertising it yourself, call me and I'd be happy to offer some suggestions.
- Betty Best RE/MAX Allegiance VA 571-217-1571 betty.best@rmxtalk.com