Market Conditions in 34746>Question Details

John, Both Buyer and Seller in marlboro, ma

in eagle pointe, kissimmee, fl ,whats the avg. number of wks per year i could expect to rent a vacation villa

Asked by John, marlboro, ma Sat Sep 1, 2007

Answers

2
The most recent independent survey I've seen showed that managerment companies achieved between 10 and 20 weeks per annum i.e. 20% to 40%. Some management companies will get you more, but check up whether they are working with UK tour companies who typically offer very poor rates - no point in getting twice as many weeks as the next guy if you only get half the weekly rate!

Our advice to clients: the most success comes to those who operate their vacation home as a business and do their own marketing.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 30, 2007
Depends on how you market the property. Are you going to let a management company do all of the marketing for you? Are you planning on marketing the property yourself ? A combination of the two?

Eagle Pointe is a nice community in a good location but does not offer many of the resort amenities that many of the other nearby communities offer. I would take a look at some other communities in the area. There are some very good deals out there now. Look for communities that are man gated and have the resort style amenities. Example: Terra Verde

I typically tell my investors that if they are going to have a management company do all of the marketing they should average about 60% or so. Remember, you want to choose a good management company that will not only rent the unit out for you but also has a very high standard of upkeep.

Renting the unit out in conjunction with a management company is typically the best way to maximize revenue and even come away with a profit.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 9, 2007