Market Conditions in 08046>Question Details

Wilson, Home Seller in Willingboro, NJ

im thinking of saleing my home but i need to know how is the price os the market?

Asked by Wilson, Willingboro, NJ Sun Jun 8, 2008

Answers

9
Hi Wilson,
As of this morning there is currently 14 months worth of inventory available in Willingboro. What that means is if there were no new listings it would take 14 months for the homes on the market now to be sold off at the current rate. To give you a comparison, Burlington County as a whole has 10 months worth of inventory.
Since Willingboro really only has a few house models for the buyer to choose from, the condition of your home as well as which neighborhood you are located in play an important role. Pricing of course is key, because you need to be seen as the best value in order to stand out in the crowd.
I would be happy to provide you with some comparable properties that have recently sold to give you an idea of the market range for your home, however in your area a more detailed analysis would certainly benefit you.
Just because there is alot of competition does not mean that it's a bad time to sell your home. As long as you and your agent know what the challenges of your marketplace are, you will be able to price and market your home accordingly. This will help ensure that the sales process goes smoothly for you. Buyers do recognize value and will purchase homes that represent a good buy.
I would be happy to help you analyze your market so that you can determine what your next step should be.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 9, 2008
Hi Folks.. Anybody read this?

Sun Jun 8 2008, 06:04 - Market Conditions in 08046- 8 answers..

Yes look up... the question was asked in June of 2008.

So, my thought is this.. although some people respond with.. well just to keep the thread alive for new people looking in these areas.. nah, to answer a thread 2 years after it was posted kinda shows me that people posting are not looking at details, just blindly posting. So what does that say about the recent poster?

Is it a big deal? probably not.. but I don't get why someone would want to look like they are 2 years late to the party.
Mr Wilson: Willingboro is my area and the other agents are right. It is not a good time to sell but if you are still interested in selling you can contact me. What park are do you live in in Wilingboro? Ranch or Colonial. There is a lot of inventory and price is everything. Call me to set up an appointment. Cindy Kieft
Wilson you missed the boat...the trend is DOWNWARD and forcast look grim. You may want to auction off your home. If you can stir enough intrest you may fetch $100,000 if your real lucky!! You can rent it too!
Hi Wilson, you are getting good advice here - local realtors can guide you on pricing your home and also explain market conditions to help you set your expectation on pricing and also how long it might take to sell your home.

I agree with all who have written before me - for sale by owner is tough going, particularly in this challenging market. Success will depend on maximizing the exposure of your home to potential buyers, presenting it in its best light, market pricing, and the focused and consistent effort of a local agent that you trust.

And as others have already reminded you - you do not pay for the mighty services provided by your agent unless your home sells.

Good luck to you Wilson!

Jeannie Feenick
Weichert - Warren
908-337-0943
Web Reference: http://www.feenick.com
Hi Wilson:

As others said - and I have nothing to gain in this, because I am all the way out West - it will be good to get a few Realtors to come over and explain the local market conditions to you (including inventories on the market, the conditions of the houses available, the outlook of the market, etc), and do a Comparable Market Analysis for your home.

The Realtors will do those for free, and no obligation to use them on your part. They might even be able to suggest how to prepare your house for sale.

It is really difficult to price a house without seeing one (or seeing other competitive properties). You will only gain from doing this. I strongly recommend that.

Sylvia
Sylvia Barry,…, Real Estate Pro in Novato, CA
Have a realtor come in and preparea CMA. You will get a good idea of the local market.

Even if you go FSBO, A Realtor will be able to help you with comps and such. FSBO is tough, very tough. But everyonhe needs to learn the value of having a good Realtor get the home sold.

Wilson,

Are you thinking of selling it on your own (FSBO - I wouldn't recommend this market without realtor representation)? Or are you going to put it on the market with a realtor (highly recommended)? You are not in my area but I do suggest you contacting realtors in your area and start interviewing to get a strong sense of their marketing strategies and price point. Remember...the agent who lists for the highest price is not always the best agent - you may spend months on the market reducing your price overall selling for less than if you had priced it right the first time. Marketing plans, internet exposure, accountability and communication are big issues as well. Interview several agents and/or ask some friends or family for an agent that they used. I'd be happy to give you a referral (note that I will receive a referral fee from the listing broker should the home sell while listed with the company I referred you to). Feel free to contact me.

Gina Chirico, Sales Associate
Prudential NJ Properties
973-715-1158 cell
973-239-7700 ext 132
GinaChirico@PruNewJersey.com
You should contact and interview a few local REALTOR members of the MLS. They will be able to analyze your home's value and show you the trend in your market.